Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Actually, all the panels can be removed. You have to know what you are doing to do it.

So, Mr. Brand Basher........why exactly don't you like to 2 top selling brands?

Trane Marketing charge....never heard of it.
    What could I add to that? Nothing.

Nitrogen and Hose
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

I use one of these for all my customers that don't have a hose spigot nearby.

www.speedclean.com

This and a couple of 5 gallon jerry cans full of water and I can do a good cleaning.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

What did you pay for this item?

Either a portable compressor and air hose or a nitro tank and hose
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    What did you pay for this item?
    Bought mine at a local Johnstone Supply with the 3 foot long 90 degree spray wand for a bit over $500.
    Best investment I've made and it's already paid for itself with all the coil cleanings I've gotten done that noone else can do because of no water at those sites.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by cmajerus View Post
    those flat panel coils need to be washed out with water also, the dust between the fins you are not getting keeps the head pressure high, it may lower it but not to "clean" coil low. As far as the spine fin condensers not being more efficient, they are and the reason why is the surface area of the fins, and being aluminum it dissipates heat quicker. Have never seen a flat fin coil able to cool with 12 yrs of MN cottonwood seed on it without being rinsed off in all that time. I could not even see the spines!! I was called out because it was 100 degrees out and "it isn't cooling as well as it used too"

Head pressure wasn't even tripping it off yet(close though) never seen a flat coil get that dirty and still work.
    REPLY: My answer was based on water NOT being available . I use water whenever i can to clean all air cooled Condensors.

Quote Originally Posted by william antley View Post
    Bought mine at a local Johnstone Supply with the 3 foot long 90 degree spray wand for a bit over $500.
    Best investment I've made and it's already paid for itself with all the coil cleanings I've gotten done that noone else can do because of no water at those sites.
    Makes you think,why didn't I think of that. Looks like a handy tool.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Actually, all the panels can be removed. You have to know what you are doing to do it.

So, Mr. Brand Basher........why exactly don't you like to 2 top selling brands?

Trane Marketing charge....never heard of it.
    REPLY: What i dont like about the top 2 selling brands is the enormous marketing budget each have whereby a great deal of the consumers money (and contractors money) is going into that nice shiney nameplate with very little , if any, engineering advantages. Further, these top selling Brands have been responsible for putting out some of the worse models with breakdowns and recalls (heat exchangers recalls, etc..) . What i DO like about these 2 top selling brands are the extra coats of paint that are applied to each unit. Hope that helps .
    Last edited by IbeDavid; 06-19-2008 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Left out a few words

Quote Originally Posted by william antley View Post
    REPLY: Very nice machine. I will look into getting one. Thanks for telling us about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12