Ceiling registers

Probably minutia, but here goes........Are there any low-resistance ceiling registers or does it matter?
    We have a fairly large room at the tail end of the duct work that only has one register and its warm in summer and cold cold in winter. This will be corrected when our shiny new heat pump is installed, but we're talkin' about the interim.

I'm tempted to just take it off and leave a huge hole there but the better half said, "uh, no" The damper is fully open, there's no dust or lint clogging it-it just doesn't get alot of air through it.

So, in a nutshell: a) are there higher-flow,lower-resistance ceiling registers out there
    b) live w/until my house gets new ductwork
    c) keep the thing off

If you're getting new ductwork, that is the time to press for proper design and installation of said ductwork. Your problem may be due to your present duct design/installation being overly restrictive.

It's also true certain supply grills are overly restrictive. The fixed blade stamped steel models that direct air at two or more angles are the worst. Adjustable curved blade registers are considerably less restrictive and allow better adjustment of throw and drop than the stamped steel junkers do.

Thanx Shop

You're right. When my tech came out for our tune up, he went up and inspected the ducts (his first time at our house) and came back and said it had some "pretty weird bends in it, we can get that corrected when its time"
    But thanx for the info on the registers. Our present registers are the straight ones, w/more metal than open space. If someone knows of a website/business that has less restrictive registers, I'd really like to know.
    Thanx ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by RomulanSpy View Post
    You're right. When my tech came out for our tune up, he went up and inspected the ducts (his first time at our house) and came back and said it had some "pretty weird bends in it, we can get that corrected when its time"
    But thanx for the info on the registers. Our present registers are the straight ones, w/more metal than open space. If someone knows of a website/business that has less restrictive registers, I'd really like to know.
    Thanx ahead.
    Google Hart and Cooley. Lots of info on register choices.