Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And following the same lines, girlfriend calls this morning to ask about speaker wire and if it needs a permit, just to check the box, and was told yes... I personally couldn't believe it so stopped at the town again and was told that no I didn't need it..... Also asked again about the distance and am now being told 3-4'...

I am just amazed... Guess I will just sign the contract with the company and see where it ends up.

Any source of ignition (Condensor) must be 10' from a gas line, tank, etc. in Central VA, units must be 18" from wall and 36" from electric meter.

in nj it depends on the inspector. i've had them pass being only 20" from a gas meter.
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

In Canada it used to be 3' from both the Electrical meter and gas meter. Now it's 1 Meter (39")

Quote Originally Posted by badboyheel View Post
    in nj it depends on the inspector. i've had them pass being only 20" from a gas meter.
    Did they do approve that before or after install?

The reason I ask is if a HVAC company installs it that close, or even 36", and it does not pass inspection, does the HVAC company assume the cost of moving it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12