puron superheat ???

hello all, i am new to working with these units, it seems when i was on a system the other day, adding some in, was told dont look for leak, charge and go were too busy come back later, but any way, when charging it and going by superheat, suction would range from about 95#@ about 32f and swing up to about 125#@ about 44 degres and a suction temp of 64, according to chart it needed 25f sh, why does this swing so much, is this normal. any informationwould be greatly appriciated

Quote Originally Posted by zombietech66 View Post
    hello all, i am new to working with these units, it seems when i was on a system the other day, adding some in, was told dont look for leak, charge and go were too busy come back later, but any way, when charging it and going by superheat, suction would range from about 95#@ about 32f and swing up to about 125#@ about 44 degres and a suction temp of 64, according to chart it needed 25f sh, why does this swing so much, is this normal. any informationwould be greatly appriciated
    Puron? must be a carrier or Bryant. environ is lennox. just say 410a
    does the system have a txv? if so you should be charging by subcool.
    This could be what you're seeing.

For r410a, the normal suction pressure should be around 125psi and liquid line @~300psi. Check your SH and SC, try to charge it(liquid charge only) to norminal operating range (8~25degree). I worked on this unit twice. hopefully this will help.

Have any of you guys ever read the rules of this site??

You wanna talk shop get your professional status.
    I need a new signature.....

Quote Originally Posted by bo28us View Post
    For r410a, the normal suction pressure should be around 125psi and liquid line @~300psi. Check your SH and SC, try to charge it(liquid charge only) to norminal operating range (8~25degree). I worked on this unit twice. hopefully this will help.
    WELCOME , If you actually knew anything about air conditioning or refridgeration you wouldn't be throwing out "normal pressures." The pressures you read on your gauge are a by-product of how the system is setup, and how the system is performing. "normal pressures" are the way most of us on this site make a living after people that don't know what they are doing create a problem for us to solve.

Thanks for your help in this matter, and thanks, in advance, for the business.

Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    Have any of you guys ever read the rules of this site??

You wanna talk shop get your professional status.
    Correct, thread closed.