Why Aussies don't take politics too seriously

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Hey, nobody's perfect. They sound like a bunch of regular blokes. Not arrogant elitists.

Maybe that's what we need more of here.....Like John Howard, I'd vote for him in a minute.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Hey, nobody's perfect. They sound like a bunch of regular blokes. Not arrogant elitists.

Maybe that's what we need more of here.....Like John Howard, I'd vote for him in a minute.
    My personal favourite was Keating. He totally rebuilt the Australian economy from the ground up. It hurt like hell at the time but we ended up with a very robust, world class economy. The Liberal Party spent 11 years resting on Keatings laurels. He could gut you with a phrase. he referred to John Howard before the last election as a desiccated coconut.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002