Carrier touch-n-go thermostat

Recently had a 2.5 ton H/P installed, the first programable thermostat only made the heat come on, so it was replaced with a digital thermostat until they could order a new programable one. Had the new one installed today and it appears to be off by 4 degrees (lower) than 3 other thermometers, this unit is a carrier touch-n-go thermostat, are they all bad? The whole system is a carrier performance model.

Ask your installer if he can put a Infinity controller on for you, there a very easy to use and program and nice and easy to read temps or other function on them. I have one on my Infinity furnace and when I first looked at one I thought there was no way I will be able to operate this thing but it was so simple. There a very accruate T-stat too vs. other stat's I have used in past years.

Most all of the digital thermostats on the market today are very accurate.
    Most of the Carrier branded digital thermostats have a way to manually put in an offset if they are found to be inaccurate.
    Check the paperwork that should have been left for the thermostat as it should explain how to put an offset in if it is an available option.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.