Does installer need to be factory approved?

I have gotten estimates and finally decided which company to have install a new Rheem A/C in our house, but before I call and commit, would someone tell me if it matters that this company (a Carrier rep) is not listed on the website of Rheem as an installer of Rheem products? Do I need to find a company listed on Rheem's site, or is it just as good to have another reputable company install the Rheem? Thanks for any help. Tom

Doesn't really matter.

A crappy Rheem installer can be listed as an approved installer on Rheems site.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Just one question why are you buying Rheem from a Carrier dealer? it really does not matter, but you don't find to many company's that sale two "major" brands at the same time , they will normally sell one major brand and one lesser brand and that lesser brand could be another mfg.

edit:
    Kind of shows you there loyalty IMO, hopefully they will be more loyal to you.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tom34diy View Post
    I have gotten estimates and finally decided which company to have install a new Rheem A/C in our house, but before I call and commit, would someone tell me if it matters that this company (a Carrier rep) is not listed on the website of Rheem as an installer of Rheem products? Do I need to find a company listed on Rheem's site, or is it just as good to have another reputable company install the Rheem? Thanks for any help. Tom
    Typically, you want the installer you choose to install whatever systems they carry.

If you have a Carrier dealer install a Rheem, I would imagine your going to use the same company for service of the system.

Buy if you choose a dealer that doesn't do Rheem as a norm., then you may get into a pickle later on down the road when parts are needed. I used to work for a Trane dealer. We carried 90% Trane parts and about 10% universal parts. But if we got a call for a Bryant and found a bad control board, then we would have to order the board. Had it been a Trane board, there was about a 80% chance I had the board needed on the van ready to save the day. Get the picture.

Go with who you are comfortable with. If they will install your Rheem, then thats cool. If the installation goes properly, you are prone to less complications down the road.

Just some things to think about.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Aw c’mon Bill you know Carrier is his main brand and Rheem is his second (inferior) line.

I sell several brands and have sold and installed almost every brand available if they can properly install a Carrier they can properly install a Rheem unit.

In order to be listed on a brands website you have to jump through some hoops and make certain commitments. Most brands don't want you listed on another’s site or the contractor's percentage of Rheem sales is low compared to his Carrier sales so he does not qualify to be on the Rheem website.

You guys (and the guys who helped me in other posts) are a big help! I really appreciate your expert thoughts and that you are willing to share them with us homeowners. I have learned a lot here, and just today, I got to share something I learned here with a co-worker. The co-worker had two new A/Cs and heaters installed last week and the company (large and well known in this area) still does not have the system working as well as their old system. I told the co-worker that I read that sometimes the old lines are not cleaned well enough to get rid of the old freon, and later in the day, that company decided they would clean the lines again. I told the co-worker she should check out this site and maybe they could help the tech fix their problem. Anyway, I know you guys work hard for your money, and hopefully most of your customers are an easier sell than I am. Thanks again. Tom