Thread: Trane System w/ 80% or 90% Furnace

Post Likes

Trane System w/ 80% or 90% Furnace

Thank you all for the feedback on my other posting. I feel wary of Amana even with the Lifetime warranty so I believe I will be going with a Trane system. Here are the 3-ton 13-seer specs: A/C Condenser XR80 - 4TTR3036 , Coil 4TXCD36 matched with a XL80 Furnace TUD1B080A936.

The question is would it make since to use the Atlanta Gas Light Rebate of $250 to upgrade to a 90% AFUE Furnace? What would be the time to recoup the costs?

With gas prices going up would it be worth upgrading the furnace instead of going with a dual fuel combo?

Post Likes
    Personally I'd go dual fuel. In your area, you'd spend little time on gas.

Post Likes
    Dual fuel makes more sence then just upgrading furnace efficiency.

Post Likes

Depends on pricing

[QUOTE=Gregor99;1892590]

I would find out price of gas and price of electricity. If gas is cheap, invest into high efficiency. It electrical rates are simmilar or cheaper, go dual fuel.
    Do it right the first time.

Post Likes
    if i were in atlanta I would probably go with a heat pump and an 80% furnace with a variable speed motor

you already have to have AC, so a heat pump should only cost marginally more

I probably wouldn't invest in a high efficiency furnace- it will only be used when it starts to get close to freezing, which isn't very often in Atlanta, so having a furnace that uses 10-15% less energy won't make much of a difference

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in