Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr Slim

Mr Slim

Hello,
    I have a Mr. Slim ductless heat pump MSH15TN. The unit has a remote control for operating heating/cooling, vane position, etc. Is there a way I can connect a setback thermostat to the unit? I have searched the user manual, web and have not been able to find anything. I called 2 contractors, they came over and said they would get back to me an none of them have.

Thanks for your help

Hi Everyone,

Some assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Workin on it.

We'll get back to you
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

iraqveteran, thank you

Your going to need to post model and serial numbers of the units.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

I don't know of anyone that suggests a setback on a heatpump. I'm pretty sure any savings you realize when setback will only be eaten up to catch back up.

Quote Originally Posted by EverettsHVAC View Post
    I don't know of anyone that suggests a setback on a heatpump. I'm pretty sure any savings you realize when setback will only be eaten up to catch back up.
    all depends on situation.

The model is Mitsubishi MSH15TN and the serial is 3000974.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by lkaufman View Post
    The model is Mitsubishi MSH15TN and the serial is 3000974.

Thanks for the help.
    I have looked at the manual.

I can't see what I am looking for.

Best thing you can do is get a tech out to look at it. And if they aren't getting back to you, call another one.

Its more than likely possible. But hard to explain it over the net. I would have to see it. I would be looking for the control wires. And determining how the system communicates.

iraqveteran, thanks. I have also looked at the manual and the only control wiring that I can see is to the outdoor condenser, it appears that the unit has an IR board that is controlled by the handheld remote thermostat. The only problem is it does not have set back functions. Just a timer and temp control. Is this possible?

There are many here smarter than me but I'm pretty sure the older MSH units have a timer that control an off and on time but no setback. I'm sure if there isn't one on the controller one can't be added. It's not like a "conventional" system. The remote or wall controller is just that, a controller. It's been awhile since I have seen an MSH but I do remember the "timer" on the controller, maybe that is what you are looking for. You need an operation manual for your unit.

HI EverettsHVAC,

I do have the operational and service manuals. You are correct, it only has a timer (run from 10-2 lets say), however I can not perform setback functions and on/off at different times. What I am looking to do is "typical" set back functionality. On to 72 at 6AM, 75 from 730-5, 72 till 11PM, and so on. Any chance that this can be added some how?

As far as I know, no. Call your local Mitsubishi dealer or Mitsubishi directly or e-mail tech support. I know there are newer controls but I'm not sure if they work with the older units. Have your indoor and outdoor model numbers along with serial numbers and they can get you an answer alot quicker. If Mitsubishi says it can't be done then it can't be done. If it can be done they can suggest someone local to you that they have trained to do the work. I have been to plenty of Mitsibishi classes and they really want thier equipment to work and work well. I'm sure they will be happy to answer your question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast