Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011
    Post Likes

Trane parts prices

Trane wanted to stop Midwest Parts because they were the best at chiller & parts ID'g put the rest of the parts centers to shame and showed they were rapping contractors with pricing ....... so take put the best .... nice move IR i.e "PRICE FIXING"
    It just depends on what Trane office that you had to deal with because Midwest was higher on parts than our local office 95% of the time and I didn't have to pay for shipping and it was easier to return to my local office.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmoore5 View Post
    I don't know how they determine the addresses. I was hired on with a group of guys a year ago, and half have @trane.com and the other half are @irco.com.
    I meant not using any @irco.com (including @trane.com) email addresses.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Many Trane franchises moved to their own e-mail domains about a decade ago. I know that Cleveland and a Little Rock had their own domains for years. Most other franchises (Tozour, Brady, Harshaw, Boland, Hunton to name a few) have had them for quite a while.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmoore5 View Post
    I don't know how they determine the addresses. I was hired on with a group of guys a year ago, and half have @trane.com and the other half are @irco.com.
    Even those of us that have a trane.com email address are cloud linked to our irco.com address. They are all irco, it's just that some of them have a trane.com blind link.

If you log into Skype, you do it with your regular trane.com name, but put irco.com behind it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TristarControls View Post
    Most franchises cease operations unless they have strong leadership and are strong outside Tranes core business. Remember Trane has deep pockets and few ethics no matter what they say, in my experience the corporate eventually wins and the franchise is a memory or a shell of a company.
    I had a poor experience with corporate Trane and have ZERO interest in ever working for them again. I refuse to say I'll never do it but I have to be in really bad financial shape to deal with IR again. Sad cause American Standard was a decent company, IR is all about the dollar just like most big corporations
    In N.Y. they were thieves. Charged $1200 to come out. Whether it took 15minutes or 15hrs. Only used them if it was completely necessary. We bought A LOT of Trane equipment so we got factory start-ups for nothing. Calling their service department for help on a BMS system that had no front end was a nightmare. I still love their equipment, I have had very few problems with their commercial equipment opposed to other companies. Maybe good luck, maybe just better construction. Their residential equipment was always a pain in the ass though.

Global warming is GREAT for HVAC!
    We can control fire & ice.....

Post Likes
    Just ran into a former franchise turned Trane tech on a job site, must have been a BAS guy based on what he was doing. I asked him how he liked the change, said for him same job different employer. Asked how business was and he said the same.....fine for him then he added a lot of people on the service side were worried about being laid off come January. Guess Trane cleveland bought up another mechanical in a race to get staff numbers up and he doesn't think they can sustain how many they took on. Asked how his office views his former franchise employee and his exact words were "Trane corporate seems to hate the franchises and wants to eliminate them as soon as they can".

With that said if you are in a Trane franchise I really hope your leadership knows what they are doing.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011