Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TCH3 View Post
    Casto is an independent mechanical contractor now. They were one of the ones in the last couple years where the owners & Trane couldn't agree and Trane just opened a corporate office.

Harshaw in Louisville and Lawlor in Vegas would be 2 others not mentioned. I heard there are 15 or so left.
    I forgot Brady!

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MechTech2013 View Post
    Let me know what's missing.

Touzor, Seiberlich, Tampa Bay, Armacost, Hunton, Pacific Coast, Halvorson, Damuth, Boland.

Don't know about Bullock.
    Don't know about Casto.
    Gerster is on the ropes.
    Waibel in Dayton is still franchise but they have been ready to cut ties with Momma Trane for quite some time.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Post Likes
    Is making $5/hr less worth 6 wks of PTO? Is making $5/hr more worth paying for the majority of your benefits?
    I know having a 3rd party do the negotiating is not appealing to some. I know having lackluster Training in some Locals is a big deterrent.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    Did not expect this to turn into a union/non-union debate! I got up, read this, then couldn't fall back asleep again. You don't have to convince me of anything. The other job offer I have IS union... and I'm not shying away because it is. I was just stating how I think it would be perceived. A lot of guys here do have a bad taste for the union for various reasons. That's their take on it and I don't care enough to divulge in it.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    Waibel in Dayton is still franchise but they have been ready to cut ties with Momma Trane for quite some time.
    I believe Trane may be in for a fight in some of these places. Touzor, Tampa, Hunton, & Pacific Coast are all large markets. Lawyer has about 1/3 of The Strip as clients. I heard it's Trane's mission to leave the franchise model by 2020.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    I believe Trane may be in for a fight in some of these places. Touzor, Tampa, Hunton, & Pacific Coast are all large markets. Lawyer has about 1/3 of The Strip as clients. I heard it's Trane's mission to leave the franchise model by 2020.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    It's been at least 10-12 years (maybe more) since "Dayton Trane" became "Waibel Energy".

Dave Waibel saw the writing on the wall and has done a good job at re-branding themselves away from momma trane, if and when momma trane opens a new office in town it wont hurt Waibel very much, sure they'll lose the parts center and new equipment but Waibel will maintain all the service and controls that they currently have, nobody will leave there.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Post Likes
    Is making $5/hr less worth 6 wks of PTO? Is making $5/hr more worth paying for the majority of your benefits?
    I know having a 3rd party do the negotiating is not appealing to some. I know having lackluster Training in some Locals is a big deterrent.
    The union package is the very minimum contractors can pay the employees but employees are free to negotiate more on their own, half of us get paid vacation time given by contractors based on merit sometime, some of us asked for more and got it, all they can do is say no. Our training program is excellent for apprentices, we don't have a lot of journeymen training but each and every journeymen gets a $1500 per year training allowance, use it of loose it.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    The union package is the very minimum contractors can pay the employees but employees are free to negotiate more on their own, half of us get paid vacation time given by contractors based on merit sometime, some of us asked for more and got it, all they can do is say no. Our training program is excellent for apprentices, we don't have a lot of journeymen training but each and every journeymen gets a $1500 per year training allowance, use it of loose it.
    Are you out of Local 22?

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Are you out of Local22?
    No
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Western North Carolina is Trane Carolinas and Eastern North Carolina is Brady Trane?

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678