Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    The union - non union question is a whole different ball of wax. Most Franchises I know of are non union. Each franchise was a separate business from Trane altogether owned by the original sales engineer that Trane granted the franchise to. It would of been his decision to start the company as a union or non union shop. In the case of WV (Casto) we were non union. Hope that clarifies that for you.
    Work smarter not harder.

2. Likes manny238 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cw0682 View Post
    The union - non union question is a whole different ball of wax. Most Franchises I know of are non union. Each franchise was a separate business from Trane altogether owned by the original sales engineer that Trane granted the franchise to. It would of been his decision to start the company as a union or non union shop. In the case of WV (Casto) we were non union. Hope that clarifies that for you.
    How many Trane Building Services branches were started a new?
    I know about the Louisiana one, after Storer didn't sell.

Post Likes
    I can tell you your mileage will vary from Trane office to Trane office. I worked for Trane in Miami, and moved (for personal reasons) to Trane Chicago. I am much much happier at Trane Chicago. For once in my 26 year career, I am treated as a valued irreplaceable member of a great organization. I never felt that way in Miami, and they actually didn't care if you felt that way.

Each office, while corporate owned, is still run at a local level, and the cultures and attitudes are different. I've worked for small residential contractor, a large mechanical contractor and Carrier, and I can tell you I'll never leave Trane. I'm here for the duration of my career. The support and education I get from the factory is outstanding. Tech support is just a phone call away. I have every piece of Trane literature on my company laptop. And here in Chicago, I have basically unlimited overtime. We're so busy I'm doing routine inspections on Saturdays. I have 280 hours of backlogged work that I'm still trying to catch up on, and I'm still doing new chiller startups, warranty work, and service calls.

5. Likes manny238 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Gardiner Trane is now Gardiner Daikin.
    The key to happiness is lower expectations.

Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    What happens now? Daikin Applied Service in Ohio is Union. Gardiner is non-union.
    The press release says Gardiner will acquire Daikin Applied Service' business. Would this be as an Authorized Service Provider? From a person at D.A., they said Daikin Applied Service is not leaving Cleveland.
    No word yet if the new Cleveland Trane Branch will be Union.

Sent using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Trane's new Cleveland operation will be non-union according to job postings, probably to try to recruit Gardiner techs.

Interesting move for one of these franchises to not just sit and wait until the owner dies. This keeps them in roughly the same OEM distributor business without an expiration date. The last several either had to sell or just become a contractor with no other viable option.

Supposedly Trane is really pissed off. They usually have several months while haggling with the estate of the franchise holder to set their new office up behind the scenes. I think in Cleveland they only have 30 days now and weren't prepared. It's kind of a role reversal from what they're used to doing in these markets with old franchises.

9. Likes acjourneyman liked this post
    Post Likes
    So did Daikin Applied Service stay in the Cleveland market? According to the press release, they weren't going to stay.
    Gardiner Daikin Applied Authorized Service is non-Union and so is Cleveland Trane Building Services?

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Harrison Energy has dropped Trane and is becoming Daikin Authorized Service Alliance Partner. The local DAA service office personnel aren't being kept and all have been informed to find new jobs.
    In my opinion all factory offices for Daikin appear to be closing and reps taking over everything like the Trane Franchise moves of the 1960's. Daikin is desperate to grow and can't focus resources on service when it's equipment is garbage. So let Rep handle the warranty and service issues, then Daikin can focus on equipment only.

Post Likes
    Gardiner is a Service Alliance Partner, local service would be absorbed unless Gardiner doesn't cover the whole area the factory office covered. Daikin is know for spreading service areas, example New Orleans district office once covered gulf coast to Shreveport and Memphis. Shreveport and Memphis are Service Alliance now.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TristarControls View Post
    Harrison Energy has dropped Trane and is becoming Daikin Authorized Service Alliance Partner. The local DAA service office personnel aren't being kept and all have been informed to find new jobs.
    In my opinion all factory offices for Daikin appear to be closing and reps taking over everything like the Trane Franchise moves of the 1960's. Daikin is desperate to grow and can't focus resources on service when it's equipment is garbage. So let Rep handle the warranty and service issues, then Daikin can focus on equipment only.
    Up here in NY Daikin has filled the void left by trane in the large tonnage market, they are selling chillers left and right while Trane concentrates its efforts into pissing off contractors and customers equally.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

14. Likes Mike19, Ranmann liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TristarControls View Post
    Is Harrison replacing Northwest Controls as the DA Authorized Service? Is the term "Service Alliance Partner" still being used? I remember that term since the McQuay days.
    Arkansas Trane and Harrison Energy are/were the same company - correct?

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Another recent development, Daikin Applied Service may exit Arizona in favor of Service Alliance Partner.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Some more earful, I'm hearing that another Trane franchise may be heading over to Daikin Applied. That would be the 3rd one this year. Is there any truth to this?

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast