Need opinion/info on Bryant equipment.

I received a quote for a Bryant dual fuel system. I tried looking up the configuration on the ARI site but did not have any luck. The quote is hand written, so I may have some of the digits wrong.

H.P. - 340AAV036080 (I couldn’t even find this on Bryant’s site. Is it older model?)

Furnace - 223ANA036

Coil - CAPVP3617ATA

Is this a matched system? Should I request a replacement model# for any of those pieces?

Thanks,
    Bill

You are backwards!

The 340 is the bottom line 90+ furnace

The 223A is the step-up heat pump line.

That's a good HP/Coil match

You are correct sir. I copied it down wrong.

Thanks

The furnace, heat pump, and coil together aren't an ARI-rated match, but that matchup (using the heat pump + coil figures only) should provide 13 SEER and 7.9 HSPF (not great). I'd see about that furnace--it looks like it's an '06 model. Here's the literature on it: http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...-50-070306.pdf.

Thanks Ryan.

I wasn't very impressed with the person who gave me the estimate. He is actually the owner of the company, but didn't even bother to look around the house, let alone measure anything. So even though there is little (no) chance I will use him, I wanted the information about the system to use when comparing all the other estimates.

If you like Bryant get some more bids. I'd look for a Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer or Medal of Excellence Dealer (if available) with a good BBB record and good references.