Confused Re-Use Lineset vs replace

Hi Guys, I recently had my 1982 carrier 5 ton with air handler, ie the whole shootin match replaced with a York affinity System. The install guys I thought did a good job, they had to run the inlet and exhaust lines in and out of the air handler to the outside (the unit is in the garage) rather than use the old flue/chimney, etc.

I thought I read on one of the previous posts that a lineset should not be re-used if going to the 410 refrigerant? In my case, the guys did not replace the lineset-- its about a 50 foot run I guess and I think runs in the walls.

I'm not smart enough on this subject to know whether it should have been replaced or not-- can you give any general guidance as to when its appropriate to re-use vs run a new lineset (aside from the obvious 'its been pierced with a picture hanging nail!) :-)

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goatster View Post
    Hi Guys, I recently had my 1982 carrier 5 ton with air handler, ie the whole shootin match replaced with a York affinity System. The install guys I thought did a good job, they had to run the inlet and exhaust lines in and out of the air handler to the outside (the unit is in the garage) rather than use the old flue/chimney, etc.

I thought I read on one of the previous posts that a lineset should not be re-used if going to the 410 refrigerant? In my case, the guys did not replace the lineset-- its about a 50 foot run I guess and I think runs in the walls.

I'm not smart enough on this subject to know whether it should have been replaced or not-- can you give any general guidance as to when its appropriate to re-use vs run a new lineset (aside from the obvious 'its been pierced with a picture hanging nail!) :-)

thanks
    If it's the right size, a good flush/cleaning is fine. A new lineset is advised when possible, but many times it isn't a feasible option. Enjoy the system.