correct method for..

running and securing freon lines in wall cavity from attic on seconmd floor. Can anyone offer some information>\?

Thanks

why
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

about 3 years ago I had 2 new units installed. When one comes on, it sounds like it is trying to come off of the ground,

wondering if it is a high side vibrating, or to lines rubbing or hitting a fire stop or something.

Just wanting to know how the 2 line sets should have been run.

Not trying to install equipment.

don't know where you're located but local codes would prevail if any

only requirement I'm aware of is firestop at penetrations from one area to another

personally never liked "securing" them in wall cavity.......makes it easier to pull new line set if need be

I'd guess you have an issue with the compressor with that kind of noise/issue
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by stardotstar View Post
    running and securing freon lines in wall cavity from attic on seconmd floor. Can anyone offer some information>\?

Thanks
    As local codes may be different. I have seen them run down the side of the building in an unused rain gutter.

Yes, my first thought was the compressor so I went out and stood by it when it came on and it pretty much sounds normal. Hence why I was wondering on how the line set should run through a wall cavity. Could it be an internal freon balance issue?

Yes I understand that "codes" are different. I was not looking for varying methods, but rather the correct manner in a wall cavity.

My thoughts are that as the unit turns itself on and the compressor starts, the line set becomes energized so to speak and the lines either: move, touch or strike something that it should not.

By inquiring, I hoped to better understand how they "should be" in order to hopefully understand a resolve to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stardotstar View Post
    Yes, my first thought was the compressor so I went out and stood by it when it came on and it pretty much sounds normal. Hence why I was wondering on how the line set should run through a wall cavity. Could it be an internal freon balance issue?

Yes I understand that "codes" are different. I was not looking for varying methods, but rather the correct manner in a wall cavity.

My thoughts are that as the unit turns itself on and the compressor starts, the line set becomes energized so to speak and the lines either: move, touch or strike something that it should not.

By inquiring, I hoped to better understand how they "should be" in order to hopefully understand a resolve to the problem.
    Sorry...I misunderstood your question

Not a problem, thanks for looking!