Best quality air filters

Good evening,

Wifey and I have purchased a new home and need to start using disposable filters until I am able to get an electric filter installed. To the professionals here, what is the best disposable filters to use? What makes them so good? Where can I buy them?

Thanks!!

Dan

I would not

use 3M brands, the pros on here say they're too restrictive and they're right-I've used 'em they my A/C struggled at times when to cool.

I've just ordered a 6 pack on 12 MERV Nordic Pure, per a recommendation in here. Gonna give 'em a shot.

I'd do whatever these guys suggest, they're pretty good.

for now use the cheapest pleated filters you can find, look into having a media filter cabinet installed instead of an electronic filter.

nothing to go bad and no ozone produced.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    for now use the cheapest pleated filters you can find, look into having a media filter cabinet installed instead of an electronic filter.

What about the Lennox PureAir? No ozone from that. Do you sell 'em?

Not to thread jack, but along the OPs question. What MERV is recommended for disposable filters? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post

I would like to know why alot of you techs here are so against the use of EAC in a furnace and always use the fact they produce ozone !!! the amount of ozone a EAC produce's is nothing, especially when you look at the amount of ozone that is in the air in most small to mid size metropolitan cities will produce far more ozone than a EAC does in most any home. So if you visit or work in any small to mid size city or even visit one on a regular basis you are exposed to ozone. I bet most people do not know they are exposed to ozne but worry about ozone from a EAC in there home, I have a hard time understanding why people are so worried about ozone.

I would like to know why alot of you techs here are so against the use of EAC in a furnace
    Because they do not protect the equipment. You can pull a coil or blower that has just an eac on it and it will be dirty. Stuff gets by. I recommend if you want the eac go with an Aprilaire 5000 it has the media filter on it after the wires. Couple that with a UV light (non ozone producing) and that is a good system that probably cant be beat. Although the pureair is also a nice system and it is also non ozone producing. I dont care how much ozone there is in the city, there is no use in creating it in a home when you can accomplish better results without it.

I prefer the cheapest filters you can find and replace it every month. Stay away from the compressor killing 3 M's. (JMO)

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Good evening,

Wifey and I have purchased a new home and need to start using disposable filters until I am able to get an electric filter installed. To the professionals here, what is the best disposable filters to use? What makes them so good? Where can I buy them?

Thanks!!

Dan
    I have used Honeywell Media filters for years with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by model m-man View Post
    I prefer the cheapest filters you can find and replace it every month. Stay away from the compressor killing 3 M's. (JMO)
    AMEN!
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.