2 Stage vs Veriable speed two stage

I just ordered a Carrier 2 stage high efficiency furnace and AC. But know wondering if I should spend the extra for a Variable speed 2 stage. Can any one tell me if the variable two stage would help make the upstairs and down stairs temps more equal? I have a 2100 sqf walk out rambler.

2-stage V/S will provide more comfort and efficiency (electrical savings due to ECM motor, not necessarily less gas usage) and should help even out temps if you run the fan constantly. Of course you need to have sufficient ductwork for variable-speed to even be worth it as far as savings and comfort goes. Worth the upgrade? In my opinion, yes, provided the proper ductwork requirements for your system are met.

Is it needed? No. A single-stage 80% furnace sized properly heats a home. So does a 2-stage variable-speed furnace, but it also provides more comfort.

I second that motion to get a VS motor, and definately when it is all set up and running set the blower to run on low speed will make a huge difference in the tempurture in your home as you will notice the hot and cold spots syndrome will all but be eliminated and you will also notice that your wife will not have to dust as much as she used to because the blower is running which is filtering your air 24/7. Just to give you a heads up on the fan blower when it is running on low you will not hardly notice much air coming out of the vent but trust me it is definately circulating the air even though it may not seem like it is but it is moving the air.

Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed, Variable Speed......is good
    I need a new signature.....