New split system installed?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

also...

I forgot to add, we had two of the four companies that came out in the last two months to replace the transformers (I believe we're on number 4 in the last few weeks) and the valve/coil explanation was the most recent/only explanation I've gotten as to why the transformers keep blowing and why I've already spent several hundred dollars in house call, freon, new transformer and part fees and our a/c still isn't working.

well sounds kinda strange how the neighbor got "stuck" with a system, but ok. The way our company would handle this would be on a time and material basis, so you would be charged hrly, for 2 guys. You would have a warranty on OUR workmanship, and the sheet metal we installed/fabricated to hook up YOUR equipment. Since it came from a true supply house and actually have a warranty, YOU would have to take care of any equipment failures with them, not our problem(we can fix it, you get the parts and labor back from the supply house, or pay for our office personnel to handle it)

So yes keep looking and you will eventually find someone to install it, but don't get bent out of shape if companies are not bending over backwards to jump on this job. Especially any companies you got bids from for a total system through them.
    You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by NChelp View Post
    I forgot to add, we had two of the four companies that came out in the last two months to replace the transformers (I believe we're on number 4 in the last few weeks) and the valve/coil explanation was the most recent/only explanation I've gotten as to why the transformers keep blowing and why I've already spent several hundred dollars in house call, freon, new transformer and part fees and our a/c still isn't working.
    just for a future heads up, next time you have a company service your equipment, if it just broke down a month or 2 ago, stick with the same company as you did the 1st time we would have warrantied the 1st call since it was the same issue, if we would find a different problem then you would have another charge, we once had a tech that kept missing a low voltage short, kept smoking transformers, after the 3rd callback I went and found the short installed the 3rd transformer and the HO only paid for the 1st transformer and 1st service call. If they would have given up on our company they would have had the same situation you had paying someone different to complete the call backs of other companies. Not every situation can be solved on the 1st call unfortunately we are all human and mess up from time to time(not me of course just the other guys)
    You can't fix stupid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12