Confused New system install and compressor will not run

Last week I had a complete system installed to include a Janitrol R-22 2.5 Ton outside unit matching inside coil air handler and 95% furnace. After reading many discussions about TXV installs I requested it to be installed on my system. (TXV Parker Model HCAE Capacity 3 Charge/MOP VX100H. Goodman BT1369064 Single.) Since a TXV was being used I also mentioned a hard start kit is required as per the install manuals. Non the less with a hard start kit the compressor would not turn on each time a call for cooling was requested by the system. The fan would run but not the compressor. Another visit by the installer and a call to tech service the recommendation was to replace the unit, a bad compressor. Today the unit was replaced and a hard start kit installed ran fine after the technician left but after cycle off and back on the compressor would not turn on again. Eventually it started to run after a couple attempts. Is there a logical reason for this to be happening with a new unit? Is there a way to fix this without replacing the TXV with the fixed piston? I am getting 18-22 degrees drop across the coil depending on attic temps over the weekend. Any suggestion or help would be appreciated.

It might be possible that it has nothing to do with the txv, I would call them back, again.

Not going to get too many replies with a screen name that starts with DIY.

DIY has nothing to with my problem. I know when a professional is needed and HVAC is something only a trained professional should be handling and that is who installed my system. I am asking assistance from those that might have expericed similar problem or are able to lend advice to possible casue and affects.

Sounds like a problem with the start kit. Any idea what kind they installed?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

That should be a Scroll in there right? I though Goodman went to all Scrolls.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    That should be a Scroll in there right? I though Goodman went to all Scrolls.
    13 SEER units up to 3 ton are still recips. The poster is not even giving us model numbers, so we have nothing to really go by. Besides, this is an issue the contractor should be taking care of and not one a HO should be questioning us about.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Call the installing contractor or find one that can fix it.

This thread is closed.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.