Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mnservicetech View Post
    Wow. I'm really surprised at the negative responses from this forum. It seems that the HVAC community is against this sort of thing? Yes, I agree that if you guys needed to wire your own house you could, but if it's not your profession it typically would take you 3-4x more time to do it on your own, and a some reading because you don't know the NEC. Right? So why the cold shoulder guys? Do the distributors threaten to cut you off for this sort of thing? I really don't get it. I actually own digital micron gauge and know it's good practice to purge with nitrogen before hard soldering, unlike some HVAC techs I talk to. Is it because of other DIY morons screwing up installs?
    Nothing against you .... or anyone else .....

It kinda goes like this .

Sure , someone could hand you a system under the table .

You go home with your bargain system , install it , make a minor mistake , call up the big Dealer for warranty on your compressor thats locked up , they ask what shop you went through ( otherwise the warranty is void )

Uhh , Then what

You have 2 choices then . Tell the dealer the truth and maybe get the fella who helped you into quite a pickle . Or call a licensed shop that does this for a living and have them come clean up your mess . But guess what ..... you think THEY are gonna say THEY installed it so you get warranty on parts ? Nope . You will be reaching Deep into your pocket , and it could take quite the labor to make it right again .

Ofcourse this never happens though

This make any sense ?

Nothing against the barter system its self.
    I'm getting ready to barter installing a window shaker for my neighbor, and them cut my grass. I really don't like my mowing the yard.

Bartering makes it sound cheapened, thats all. And most times, when something like this is bartered, its bartered with a guy doing it on the side.

You mean if I was going to wire a new house I wouldn't know to use arc fault breakers for bedrooms.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks for the replies. I learned something here. I came to your forums in the first place because if it's anything like the electrical forums, the professional HVAC workers who post here are actually care about the job they do, and want to ask questions to things they don't understand. Overall, I was looking for a good tradesman willing to trade labor and install a system.

BeenThere: It's not just bedrooms anymore. Effective August 2007, AFCI's (arc fault breakers) are required to be installed on any outlet (outlet meaning any box in the room) in a family room, dining room, living room, parlors, libraries, dens, bedrooms, sunrooms, recreations rooms, hallways or similar room areas. Touche!

If all else fails, I'll get a Coleman from Twilli. I have some respect for the company. They were the first ones to come out with a 95% efficient variable flame furnace, leaving the other Big Dealers scrambling to catch up right?

Take it easy guys. See ya in the electrical forums.

If all else fails, I'll get a Coleman from Twilli. I have some respect for the company. They were the first ones to come out with a 95% efficient variable flame furnace, leaving the other Big Dealers scrambling to catch up right?
    York had it before Coleman.
    Contractor locator map

Another sale for Twilli....hvac-talk today, ebay tommorrow.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Twilli forgot......

Coleman
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

BeenThere: It's not just bedrooms anymore. Effective August 2007, AFCI's (arc fault breakers) are required to be installed on any outlet (outlet meaning any box in the room) in a family room, dining room, living room, parlors, libraries, dens, bedrooms, sunrooms, recreations rooms, hallways or similar room areas. Touche!
    As of September 2007, it wasn't adopted here.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Another sale for Twilli....hvac-talk today, ebay tommorrow.
    I'll take wunn dem units too . We goin campin this weekend .

Alls I got is half a bottle of moonshine .... think we can do some tradin ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12