Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Minneapolis electrican looking to trade labor.

Hey guys, I'm an electrician in a south Minneapolis suburb looking to trade labor.
    I'm sure as an electrician in a HVAC forum I'm going to catch hell, but I'd give it right back to ya if you visited our forums....

I'm probably looking for a 70k BTU Lennox G61V furnace and either a Lennox XP16 or XP19 2ton heat pump with a matching indoor coil. I have not done a Manual J yet, so I'm not sure on the sizes, It's just what size furnace and AC I currently have. I'm also open to equivalent Carrier or Trane systems

I'm a very experienced master electrician, and am comfortable from anything to wiring your basement or hot tub, to putting in a service for your business/home.

If I can't find anyone willing to install a system, I'd at least like to buy the equipment through someone. I tried buying a part from the Lennox dealer near me before, and they seemed kinda anal about selling to the public. I know they would turn me away If I tried to buy a complete system.

Quote Originally Posted by mnservicetech View Post
    Hey guys, I'm an electrician in a south Minneapolis suburb looking to trade labor.
    I'm sure as an electrician in a HVAC forum I'm going to catch hell, but I'd give it right back to ya if you visited our forums....

I'm probably looking for a 70k BTU Lennox G61V furnace and either a Lennox XP16 or XP19 2ton heat pump with a matching indoor coil. I have not done a Manual J yet, so I'm not sure on the sizes, It's just what size furnace and AC I currently have. I'm also open to equivalent Carrier or Trane systems

I'm a very experienced master electrician, and am comfortable from anything to wiring your basement or hot tub, to putting in a service for your business/home.

If I can't find anyone willing to install a system, I'd at least like to buy the equipment through someone. I tried buying a part from the Lennox dealer near me before, and they seemed kinda anal about selling to the public. I know they would turn me away If I tried to buy a complete system.
    We're a Lennox dealer and we'd be anal too. Good luck.

If I can't find anyone willing to install a system
    hmm , I wonder how many dealers there stay in business at that rate

I'd at least like to buy the equipment through someone.
    whoa there .... you're brave for askin that here

Finding someone to risk their neck for someone they dont know is hard to find .

I tried buying a part from the Lennox dealer near me before, and they seemed kinda anal about selling to the public. I know they would turn me away If I tried to buy a complete system.
    soon as you get the proper license , they will sell to you all week long .

Sad.... I guess our trade is just so much more complicated and important than yours bro..... Good luck fellow tradesman....

Twilli will sell to anybody, you like Coleman?
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

trade labor?

Most of us can wire up a house if we have to.
    So I don't know what you could trade.

might as well just pay for an install that also provides the equipment like any regular customer.
    Because you are just a just regular customer.
    I don't give my Doctor a discount. And he can write scrips and I can't.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I can help you out. E-mail is in my profile. I've never had a problem with the barter system.

Twilli says JR gonna be all over this
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Suprised aint already.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli says JR gonna be all over this
    I wish I had one of those magic buttons.

Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Thank You, I've always wanted one of those

Wow. I'm really surprised at the negative responses from this forum. It seems that the HVAC community is against this sort of thing? Yes, I agree that if you guys needed to wire your own house you could, but if it's not your profession it typically would take you 3-4x more time to do it on your own, and a some reading because you don't know the NEC. Right? So why the cold shoulder guys? Do the distributors threaten to cut you off for this sort of thing? I really don't get it. I actually own digital micron gauge and know it's good practice to purge with nitrogen before hard soldering, unlike some HVAC techs I talk to. Is it because of other DIY morons screwing up installs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast