Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks so much for all your comments and sorry for the confusion about the system. I thought we had an Infinity 21 because the brochure we received with our proposal said Infinity 21. The actual estimate said:
    Code:
    Infinity Carrier MVB 2-stage variable speed L.P. furnace with a Carrier HNA heatpump system and an infinity controller.

Infinity air purifier
    Media air cleaner
    The serial number for this unit is: 5007E01093.
    I don't know the size. The only thing I know is that it is a 4-ton unit.
    When I went out to get the serial number, the unit was running.

Just an update on the temps. It is a BEAUTIFUL night here in Ohio. It is 11:00 pm and the temperature outside is 66*. The humidity is 69%. The thermostat is set to 69*. Guess what? The temperature in my house is 75*. We would love to open our windows, but we are keeping the shut. We don't want to throw off any numbers since the HVAC guy is coming tomorrow.

What's the air temperature like coming out of the vents? I'd be curious to see what the HVAC guy tomorrow has to say about you "wanting too much from the system." Please keep up posted.

It's stuff like this that makes me nervous about getting a new system. There sure are a lot of threads about new systems that don't cool worth a crap. I don't care if it's 100 outside, I would expect a new system to be able to cool to at LEAST 75, and I'd probably prefer 72. Especially systems that I would consider to be upper tier.

I hope they can get your system working right.

double post.
    Last edited by acobra289; 06-11-2008 at 12:02 AM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by acobra289 View Post
    It's stuff like this that makes me nervous about getting a new system. There sure are a lot of threads about new systems that don't cool worth a crap. I don't care if it's 100 outside, I would expect a new system to be able to cool to at LEAST 75, and I'd probably prefer 72. Especially systems that I would consider to be upper tier.

I hope they can get your system working right.
    This isn't normal system operation. It's likely that it's an installer error. We shall see...

Update

I met with the owner of the HVAC company today. He worked with the unit and thermostat. He said that he "adjusted the expansion valve" and that we should notice a difference. I asked him to test the air coming out of the vents and it was 48*. He is going to stop by later today to see how things are going. When he left, it was 72* inside and 76* outside.

My wife just called. She said it is still 72* in the house and it is 89* outside! She is actually cold! Some of my kids went outside to warm up

I hope the good performance of this Infinity 16 continues!

Thanks for all your help and sorry about the Infinity 21 confusion.
    Ohio Johano

Quote Originally Posted by ohiojohano View Post
    He said that he "adjusted the expansion valve" and that we should notice a difference.
    ohio Johano
    hummm...

looks like you are making progress. wonder why this TXV issue wasn't caught by tech?

keep us posted of any updates.

IMO

48* supply air sounds great. Sounds like it's working the way it should now (hopefully). Good luck and keep us posted with any updates.

I'm also confused as to why the expansion valve needed to be adjusted. Maybe they need to be adjusted during installation; I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    I'm also confused as to why the expansion valve needed to be adjusted. Maybe they need to be adjusted during installation; I don't know.
    Exactly. Should be adjusted after installation and during the first run time to achieve required superheat. I hope he checked subcooling to determine proper refrigerant charge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12