Help upgrade HVAC in a 4th fl condo -North Jersey Contractors?

I need to upgrade the heating and cooling in an 1100 sq ft. bi-level condo. The unit is on the 4th floor of a 20 unit building. There are currently two thru-wall heating/cooling units on the first floor of the condo. The upstairs has a small thru-wall cooling unit and three baseboards. There are two 220 outlets on the first floor on the outside wall. What options do I have? Can I add exposed ducts? Any local HVAC guys on the board? I am in Jersey City, NJ.
    Last edited by RMcFarland; 06-10-2008 at 01:23 PM. Reason: more info

Anyone? I would love to hear some suggestions of what type of systems are good for my situation. I am also open to local HVAC guys/gals coming out to take a look and give an estimate.

You are near Newark (outdoor summer design temperature = 91).

If you post the names and model numbers of your current equipment as a start, it would be helpful to the PROs on this forum. Also, how many steps up to the second level and breakdown on square footage.

By upgrading, are you 'unhappy' with your current system or replacing non-working equipment?

AM

What will your condo association allow you to do.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks.

The sq. footage is about 600 on the first floor which includes open living/dining area. an entrance hallway, 1/2 bath, and small kitchen. The second floor is up an open staircase of about 15 steps and includes an office, full bath and master bedroom. The 2nd floor is about 500 square feet.

I am unhappy with the current equipment. It was done as inexpensively as possible. It includes two large Emerson Quietcool thru-wall units on the first floor, which also have built in heat. The 2nd level has baseboard heat with a small window unit. The condo is too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer. It was 95 degrees in the office last night!

The condo association is flexible. I can install a shelf for a heatpump/outside unit on the exterior wall. I also have a garage on the ground level, but that is probably to far for ducting or feed runs.

If you got teh money, it can be done. Might have to give up a closet space.
    Contractor locator map

Which type of systems am I looking at?

Should I be looking for someone to install ducting?

Get local contractor out to give estimates and let you know what they can and can't do.
    Contractors install and service what they sale.
    Contractor locator map