Exclamation Cooling concerns

Hi All, recently bought a new home in NJ. ON Sunday, started running AC for first time. After a few hours noticed the house really isnt getting cold, also certail vents in certain rooms are blowing more than some throughout the house.
    Also, the duct work running through the basement, is dripping with condensation, and i do mean dripping!!!

What can this mean, and possible solution??

Thanks

If you only ran it for the first time on Sunday, during a record setting heat wave. Its going to take hours(6 to 12) to cool the house.
    It also means the humidity in the house was high and that will slow the cooling process down. Your basement humidity was high, your ductworks was cold, and your ducts aren't insulated. Might need a dehumidifier for the basement.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

A dehumidifier. Thanks will look into that. Another thing, the duct work runt through the garage and up to the master bedroom. I noticed yesterday that that duct was also dripping water, and that one is insulated.
    So you think my ductwork needs insulating? What about the force being different in various rooms?

The duct in the garage should be insulated, so it doesn't lose or gain heat from the garage. If the insulated duct was sweating, it may have air leaks, that should be sealed.

As far as some supplies not moving as much air, could be duct design problems.
    Might want ot have a company come out and service the System. ID coil could be dirty and not letting as much air go through as it should.
    Contractor locator map

Man, i really really appreciate it!! I will do as you recomend!!

Collin

When adding insulation to cooling ducts, make sure the insulation has an air tight exterior vapor barrier. The addhesive backed closed cell foams are good vapor barrier.
    Get a humidity meter to measure the basement humidity. You should keep the humidity <50%RH if storage or finished space is needed. Get a dehumidifier is vague and covers a wide spectrum. Check my posts for a lot of dehu discussion. You need 90 pints per day to maintain <50%RH throughout a typical developed basement. This will also help control the humidity throughout your home. I work for Santa Fe/Ultra-Aire, the most efficient dehus made. They 35-50% less electricity than typical res dehus. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Thank you, Teddy. I think im gonna need professional help on this, before i get killed on electric bill. As it is now, AC is runnin constantly, not reachin desired tepm and alota condensation.

Another thing, theres a humidifier attatched to system, but its off. Instrustions from previous owner said OFF in summer, ON in Winter, is this correct.
    Cause i have it turned off and vent closed.

That is correct.
    Contractor locator map