Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yah okay

[QUOTE=Snapperhead;1886869]

Your good!

In Canada our winters get real cold minus 30 celcius and things contract, small amounts of refrigerant leak out past shrader valve and plastic cap. BUT if you use lock tite (discuss with expert central and at the factory) you should have no escape during winter. Just so you know we do leak test every systems and leave unit until summer before charging. when we get back in summer we have found unit to be low on refrigerant 2 or 3 lbs low and on many units. Yes we do A/C all year round with complete packages.
    Do it right the first time.

I disagree

[QUOTE=Airmechanical;1887537]what is your reasoning behind your comments, whats the evap temp when supply is 54* and return is 70*

1. i keep mine at 70* when i am home, 76* when i go to work

The reason I used 71 and 72 is because people always think you can cheat a couple of degrees.
    when its really hot outside after i cut the grass occasionally i will crank it to 68* Why would you crank it down to 68*, if it is 95* out and you have you thermostat at 72* that is a 23* difference. I am looking for comfort and not a cold house. I like to play safe and not gamble.

2. exactly what is not healthy about "SO COLD" (70 degrees)

HUM 23* differential can make you sick. Try proper humidity removal and then you won't need 70*. You can settle for 71

Around here. It can be 98*F outside. You go to a grocery store, and its 68*F.
    Are you saying that will make someone sick.

There are reported cases of elderly people getting nauseated from those temp changes.

But you don't get sick(flue,common cold) just because of the colder temp.

Ask the guys that work in warehouse freezers, where they keep the temp at -20*F and less. And then when they leave to go home they go outside to 98*F temps in the summer.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I get sick

Summer time im in and out of customers house and when it is hot or cold it can take it toll on you. But anyways why do you need to have your house so cold. I thought comfort is the issue here and proper humidity removal. Man everyone got a different opinion and we can argue about alot of stuff. When talking to a customer you are better to error on safe side as oposed to push things. I don't know your temperatures but here I use 20* delta tee. So if a customer wants it 20* in there house I tell them they might freeze the coil. I don't like going back to customers house and not getting paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Dont you listen to the news ? ?

Your Pump is gonna work harder , using energy , causing all kinds of ozone depletion , causing more global warming , which will stop plant growth in 10 - 30 years , then we starve , turning us into cannibals , and we eat each other until nobody is left .

That wont be healthy whatsoever

just what we need, another treehugger

dont beleive everything you hear in the news

furthermore, dont even beleive half of what you hear in the news

Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    if a customer wants it 20* in there house I tell them they might freeze the coil. I don't like going back to customers house and not getting paid for it.

ya, especially when they and the coil are frozen

The air conditions that you are in, are not the same for everyone else. So when talking comfort. You are talking comfort for an individual.
    You may be comfortable at 74*F RH 52%.
    Myself, I like 72*F RH 48%
    I have brought my place down to 68*F just to see if it could do it. It did, and could have brought the house down more yet. But at 68*F the coil didn't freeze. (I did though ).

If a units coil freezes because they set their stat to 68*F. Its an air flow issue.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12