Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would some one mind explaining to me in "laymens" terms

the advantage of a VS blower working in conjunction with a Two Speed Compressor. Thank you.

Above all else, proper installation is key.

Any more questions?
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Any more questions?
    Yeah, his original question. (Just messin' with ya.)

Quote Originally Posted by sandman512 View Post
    the advantage of a VS blower working in conjunction with a Two Speed Compressor. Thank you.
    Fan can slow down when compressor slows down (runs on low speed), fan can speed up when compressor speeds up(runs on high speed).
    Ed J

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Janowiak View Post
    Fan can slow down when compressor slows down (runs on low speed), fan can speed up when compressor speeds up(runs on high speed).
    Thank you, thats what I thought but I wanted to make sure. First time(new install) using an XC21 with a VS Blower. Much appreciated.

Money well spent on a VS blower .
    Ed J

If your have a furnace with a VS blower your gonna love it, run your blower on low 24/7 will keep the air moving and filtered, and will eliminate the majority of hot and cold spots in your home and will cost you only pennies a day to run the blower constantly. Nice choice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DanW13 View Post
    If your have a furnace with a VS blower your gonna love it, run your blower on low 24/7 will keep the air moving and filtered, and will eliminate the majority of hot and cold spots in your home and will cost you only pennies a day to run the blower constantly. Nice choice!!!
    No furnance with this, house has oil baseboard heat. I am getting used to the VS blower. I came from a house that was one ZONE and when it kicked on, that was it. This one sounds different. I should also mention it has zoning. The one problem, if I can call it that, when the blower is running full force, one of the vents has a whistle sound to it. All in all pretty happy wit the equipment.

The one problem, if I can call it that, when the blower is running full force, one of the vents has a whistle sound to it. All in all pretty happy wit the equipment.
    If that is the case then you might want to have the duct work checked out to see that it is properly sized for the size equipment you currently have, if it is too small based on the size of the trunk and number of runs coming off the trunk, or you have the wrong type of register covers this would or should be fixed before you burn the VS blower motor out. What merv filter is in the rack? Or I should ask what type and size filter are you currently using? Hate to see a new furnace life expectendacy cut short from undersized duct work or wrong filter being used. Something I would check ASAP !!

The one problem, if I can call it that, when the blower is running full force, one of the vents has a whistle sound to it. All in all pretty happy wit the equipment.
    If that is the case then you might want to have the duct work checked out to see that it is properly sized for the size equipment you currently have, if it is too small based on the size of the trunk and number of runs coming off the trunk, or you have the wrong type of register covers this would or should be fixed before you burn the VS blower motor out. What merv filter is in the rack? Or I should ask what type and size filter are you currently using? Hate to see a new furnace life expectendacy cut short from undersized duct work or wrong filter being used. Something I would check ASAP !!
    I will check out the MERV filter and get back to you. It is a 30" by 30" filter, supplied my company that did the install.

could possibly be just the register too, I have had some harmonize and whistle, swap it out and the noise goes with it.
    You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Yeah, his original question. (Just messin' with ya.)
    I actually had a response I was working on. I was discussing the difference b/t low and high speed on the compressor, dehumidification features, quietness, ramping of motor, energy savings, and overall personal opinion.

Well, long story short.....I got through about 3 paragraphs of a response and forgot what I was talking about. I tried reading through my own response to pick up the original question only to confuse myself more. Its been a long week. And only going to get longer. So I just picked out the first and last sentences I had and threw them together.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Ok, I looked at the filter 30" by 30" by 1". It says MAXI-PLEAT 410TP. I did not see anything that specifically said MERV.

Called company, MERV-7
    Last edited by sandman512; 06-10-2008 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Research.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast