Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: True or False?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Janowiak View Post
    Nice.

He is one for you.

If you have a frig with enough capacity to cool the house and you leave the door open, will it cool the house?
    My kids sure think so.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Janowiak View Post
    Nice.

He is one for you.

If you have a frig with enough capacity to cool the house and you leave the door open, will it cool the house?

No.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Maybe if ya cut a hole in the wall with a chainsaw and stick the condensing coil on the back of the frigde through the hole... use about 6 tubes of caulk to seal the air leakage between the cabinet and the wall and put one-helluva fan pulling the air out of the freezer.

Come on, the question was for the Dr.
    Ed J

Quote Originally Posted by air-doctor View Post
    Maybe if ya cut a hole in the wall with a chainsaw and stick the condensing coil on the back of the frigde through the hole... use about 6 tubes of caulk to seal the air leakage between the cabinet and the wall and put one-helluva fan pulling the air out of the freezer.

Yes or no please .
    Ed J

No... but it will heat the house

Could be 100% and then some

For purposes of argument - suppose that the airflow through the evap coil was less than optimal (dirty filter), then it would be possible for the evap coil to continue to cool the air below its dew point, and "fog" would get blown into the ductwork because the 95% of air that did contact the coil would mix with the 5% that was not yet at dew point to make a mixture that was below the dewpoint.

Almost impossible in a home situation, but I have certainly seen fog come out of the vents in my car.

So I say that 100% is possible!

Good point Jeff... but fog does not have to be present for 100% humidity

It's a giant displacement chamber adding compressor heat to the space

The a/c takes part in removing that heat.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff520 View Post
    For purposes of argument - suppose that the airflow through the evap coil was less than optimal (dirty filter), then it would be possible for the evap coil to continue to cool the air below its dew point, and "fog" would get blown into the ductwork because the 95% of air that did contact the coil would mix with the 5% that was not yet at dew point to make a mixture that was below the dewpoint.

Almost impossible in a home situation, but I have certainly seen fog come out of the vents in my car.

So I say that 100% is possible!

As the coil gets more clogged what does the fan do?........pull it from wherever it it can increasing bypass.......unless enclosure is 100% sealed and able to take vacuum......when vacuum increases air starts being pulled from any hole that's available.

Thanks BigJon... that was the point I was trying to make with the chainsaw, caulk and fan.

Well this is the last thing I have to say about the subject... If the evaporator coil cannot cool the air below the dewpoint then its pretty friggin useless as an air conditioner.

Quote Originally Posted by air-doctor View Post
    The air that is coming out of the evaporator has not yet had a chance to mix with the air that has leaked around the coil...
    The bypass factor includes air that actually travels through the fins of the coil. Not all of the air actually contacts the coil surface, so even if you don't include air that found its way around the coil, the air off the evaporator coil surface itself is still mixed with bypass air.

The answer to your question is: False
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast