Results 1 to 13 of 22

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Post Heil heat pump Quality

    I'm looking at having a Heil DX1400 heat pump installed. I'm looking for any input on the quality/reliability of this system. Comparison to a 14Seer Carrier Performance Unit would do.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    34,317
    Pretty comparable units, Heil probably has a better warranty with their replacement pledge. Key is best install.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4

    Confused Heil DX1400 vs Lennox XC15

    I currently have an 8 year old Lennox that the compressor seized. I am looking to replace the AC unit with either a Lennox (the XC15) or a Heil DX1400. I am looking for a dependable unit that is quiet and will last. Any suggestions?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    623
    Heil is junk. Amana, rheem/ruud, trane. Much better success with these brands.
    The amana has a lifetime compressor warranty. Follow the link.

    http://www.amana-hac.com/Home/Produc...9/Default.aspx

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    68,331
    Quote Originally Posted by aintitfun View Post
    Heil is
    So what trouble have you had with Heils higher end units?
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    va
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by aintitfun View Post
    Heil is junk. Amana, rheem/ruud, trane. Much better success with these brands.
    The amana has a lifetime compressor warranty. Follow the link.

    http://www.amana-hac.com/Home/Produc...9/Default.aspx
    Heil is not "junk"! I've been putting it in for some time now and very little problems with it. It's very well built equipment, and built by "carrier". It's basically "carrier" equipment with the heil name on it. It comes of the same assembly line.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4

    Lennox vs Heil

    Quote Originally Posted by pdq View Post
    I currently have an 8 year old Lennox that the compressor seized. I am looking to replace the AC unit with either a Lennox (the XC15) or a Heil DX1400. I am looking for a dependable unit that is quiet and will last. Any suggestions?
    It looks to me like Amana and Heil, could be made by the same manufacturer. How many companies actually make units and then brand them.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    889
    The Heil product has been called a Carrier clone. I think they make a respectable product which we have a few installed with no problems to date.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    68,331
    Amana and Heil are not made by the same companies.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson Az
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Amana and Heil are not made by the same companies.
    Hiel is a Tempstar prodcut, same thing we use for Kenmore. A great warranty. ICP makes the rest. (pretty much) If you want more info find ICP on line or www.gotempstar.com
    "Well done is better than well said."
    Benjamin Franklin

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    68,331
    ICP makes the rest of what?
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  12. #12

    Residentail Heating and Cooling installation Specialist

    Quote Originally Posted by jrogers41 View Post
    I'm looking at having a Heil DX1400 heat pump installed. I'm looking for any input on the quality/reliability of this system. Comparison to a 14Seer Carrier Performance Unit would do.
    The Heil equipment has the Same compressor , and Hopefully R410a ( Puron )
    refrigerant , it's just that the quality of the companies that would install the Carrier System are probably better

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event