Looking for an opinion - Haier versus Rheem

First off, thanks for everyone's time up front. I am getting a new condenser installed in my house. The unit is a 28 year old Goodman 5 ton that still works. I want to swap it out for a more energy efficient model. The furnace is a 92% efficient unit that was swapped out 4 years ago. At the time, we left the AC unit because it worked and I didn't have the extra coin to upgrade it. I did replace the indoor coil with a ICP EPM 42J22A1. I am told this was a 5 ton coil, non TXV.

I am looking at Haier HC48C1VAR 4Ton or a Rheem RAND-048JAZ 4Ton. I have done extensive work (down to studs) re insulating all exterior walls to r19 (r13 plus foam board) I also replaced all the windows and increased the attics to R41... this is the rationale for going down from 5 to 4 Ton (2800 Sq ft liveable)We are going to do Manual J calc before we lock down the decision. (My neighbor is a AC contractor - he will be installing)

Seems the reputation, from what I can find, for the Haier is not that great. I know that this is a "ford versus chevy" question, but is there a general consensus on a brand to avoid. (I know that Goodman had a poor rep and my unit has been great!) I lean towards the Copeland scroll versus the Bristol unit.

Thanks very much for time and opinion

Kevin

Haier is made in China out of 100% chines made parts.

The Rheem is made in the USA, with the major parts also being made in the USA, and a couple of Chinese made electrical parts.

I've only seen one Haier unit in operation, it really didn't seem to be a badly constructed unit at all, it even had a couple of features for the electrical connections that I have never seen on other units, but Rheem has a great track record for quality, and contributes significantly less to a foreign economy.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Thanks for the reply Mark.. I lean towards American products as well.

Doesn't matter which you get, replace the indoor coil so it matches the outdoor unit.
    The evap coil is NOT a part of the furnace. Its part of the A/C and is to be matched to teh outdoor unit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks for the responses... I will match the coil. The original thought was since the existing coil was a 10 seer and a 5 ton, there would not be much of a drop in seer if we reused it (1 or 2 seer drop) Its not a TXV unit .. its a piston type.

Right decision.

Best way to keep the new condensers warranty in tack, and get its full BTU rating.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?