is my new Rheem a 24 volt system

the stat instructions say use with multi stage 24 volt systems. I thought my was 120 volt ?? Rheem 2 stage

yup your lost.

No clue. Couldn't tell ya. Call a tech out to install your stat. He knows what hes doing. I hope
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

No this IS the stat that was installed with my furnace but when I was reading it it says to be used with multi stage 24 volt systems NOT 120 volt systems ??? I thought mine was 120 volt ???

If you don't even know the voltage of the equipment why are you playing with it!!!???

Unbelievable...PLEASE read I am not "playing with" anything I am READING the instructions that came with the stat again NOT PLAYING with it, man...

I just read on the instructions that this is to be used with a 24 volt system ONLY not a 120 volt system, SIMPLE question is this a 24 volt system ?

I assumed if the electric going into it was 120 volt it would be a 120 volt system, AGAIN not playing just reading......

Try to read before balsting me please

ok try to follow here.

your furnace is 120 volts. Inside the furnace is a transformer reducing said voltage to 24 volts. This is the control circuit. The thermostat is a 24 Volt application in your case. Not all the time. There are 120 Volt stats. But your is a 24 Volt appearantly.

So yes, the stat would be 24 volts. The furnace is 120 and your Air Conditioner is most likely 240. Have we completely confused you yet?

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Makes sense, thanks

anytime