Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If they powered the pump to the fan circuit it will shut off when the unit does. If they did not trap the drain line you could in fact have alot of water sitting in that pan just kind of blowing away from the drain line opening while the fan is running.

Fan shuts off, pump loses power, water then drains freely into pump.

Quote Originally Posted by kneal View Post
    I have had my service guys who installed the AC when we built the house out here three days last week. They are also not sure what is going on. I cleaned up a good 10 Gallons of water in a day. They are the ones that ran the new drain as they had on for both the furnace and the air handler tied together...they split them off into two differnt drains now both with P traps and both with an Air vent after the Ptrap.
    Pre-fab P-traps are often inadequate in their depth.

Trap should drop 4 inches minimum with at least a 2" rise.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

TROYORR - You hit the nail on the head. Yesterday evening before I read your post we noticed the outlets are tied to the light switch. We had the new pump plugged into a different outlet than the original pump. As a temporary solution the night before I placed the condensate pump in a tub and put a sump pump in the tub to catch the overflow and dump it into a 5 gallon bucket. Yesterday morning when I flipped the switch I heard the sump kick on...after further investigation we finally figured out the outlet was tied to the light switch! Wish you would have responded earlier as it would have saved me several hours of sitting down there watching the pump work normally with the ligths on..... but I very much appreciate it!

Too funny...err...well...you know what I mean.

Glad you got it fixed.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

You are welcome. Everyone here has run in to some situation that has them baffeled. Thats why it is good and okay to ask MANY questions. Chances are, someone has experienced the same things the question asker has brought up. Also, everyone here has made some dumb as*ed mistake or two and can pass that experience on as well. Although we all like to think we are perfect, when looking back over my last 36 years in HVAC, I wonder sometimes how I got out of some of the situations I found myself in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12