Thread: Trane

Trane

air cond xl 16i
    furnace xv95

i'm having problems with the exchanger freezing up . Appears to be the problem anyways . when i opened the air filter cover (air effects) water came pouring out . i cleaned the pre filter and the other honeycomb type filter (x2) and reinstalled them after everything dried . both units are dual stage . but it wont cool my little 1200 sq foot house down .

ia it possible to force high speed fan operation ?
    Last edited by Chris1957; 06-08-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: quick question

Not really. What size is your A/C. How long ago was it installed. Did it ever cool the house right.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Forcing your fan to go faster wont do anything for you and can cause further harm to your system, 16seers are relatively new and should/could still have some warranty to them, call the installing contracter and have a pro look it over. If the a/c is freezing up like you see Ice, shut the sytem down run just the fan and call a pro out to look at it, that way by the time he's there the ice will have melted and you wont spend money having him thaw it out.

To turn on just the fan set the thermostat fan setting from auto to on.
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma

i think the ac is a 2 ton . it was installed in april with the furnace but this is the first time i have used it . i did shut the ac down and run the fan and it looks like the system has dried up , i also called the installer .

now my .. clean pre-filter light is flashing .. so i shut off the air effects also

is there a restriction on what your inside temp can be n regard to the outside temp ? eg: 10 deg max ?

Best to wait for him to look at it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1957 View Post
    i think the ac is a 2 ton . it was installed in april with the furnace but this is the first time i have used it . i did shut the ac down and run the fan and it looks like the system has dried up , i also called the installer .

now my .. clean pre-filter light is flashing .. so i shut off the air effects also

is there a restriction on what your inside temp can be n regard to the outside temp ? eg: 10 deg max ?
    The clean filter light is just a timer after so many run hours it flashes, has no effect on performance nor does it really every know if your filter is dirty. Depending on how they sized your system the system should be designed for a average summer tempature for your climate zone, if it gets hotter then that the temp in your house would go up as well.
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma

Do you have the Trane Clean Effects EAC?

If so, be sure to ask the installer if your EAC is under the manufacturer recall. I don't mean to alarm you. There was a recall on the collection cells from a certain period.

The recall is not a big concern. The installer will know if you fall under that category and will know the proper procedures to ensure you are safe until new cells can be installed.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

well, problem solved , the installer failed to setup the system properly , it was only set for stage 1 / 1 , with a dual stage furnace and ac the system was trying to cool the house in slo mo . hence the condensation everywhere . thanks for all the advice everyone

i love it when things work out.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington