condensation\sweating question

I'm getting a lot of sweating\condensation on the trunk just above the coils, once the trunk enter the attic the trunk is insulated, so there about 4 feet of trunk that is not insulated, I called installing company out , and said it was warm air filtrating from the attic where the delivery & return trunk pass though the ceiling. They suggested more insulation in the attic around the opening or insulation the part of the trunk that sweating. I'm going to put insulation in the attic around the opening in ceiling, but was wondering since the cut in ceiling from the original install was to big of cut if I could use mild expanding foam to seal the ceiling to the trunk or would this cause other issues?

Other than that new system is working great.

insualtion like fibreglass lets a lot of air through just like an air filter does. Use the expanding foam to seal the penetration.If it is a gaping opening, maybe put some sheetmetal angles around it, then go foam it from the attic side. You may want to insulate the duct below the ceiling also

Do they (installing company) not want to insulate that four feet duct ? If not ,then why? If they just installed a new unit ,they really should have done this at the change out time .

Most of the trunk is from original installation, so they didn't offer to insulate, I just assume since its part of the original trunk it was on me. Do most insulate the trunk if it inside the condition space of the house? Cause once the trunk enter the attic it is insulated. The company has never failed to take concern I've had so far, so even if they did come out insulate the trunk, it still would be to my advantage to seal the ceiling to stop the warm air filtration from enter the condition space.

I don't know what the codes are for your area, but here in Houston , it would have to be insulated .