Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ants?

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmetaz View Post
    How can you not pay the service call when ants got in your unit. Call an exterminator to spray the area. Don't blame your A/C tech. We would replace your contactor and then fire you as a customer. People wonder why service companies have to lie and upsell products, its because onest companies get scewed when homeowners don't want to take responsibility. You have an ant problem not a heating and cooling problem, that is the end result of the ants.
    down boy!!!! heel!!!!! Get back on the porch!!!!!!!!!!!
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

There was a mention of a compressor change when she was saying she couldn't take on added debt at this moment due to unsecured job market in Charlotte. The banks have laid several people off in certain divisions.

Marge we are still in water restrictions which means we are still in a drought. You might see other bugs more often then usual to because they are on a mission to find moisture. I see carpenter bees fall out of the air @ 98+degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by marge View Post
    Of course, it is STILL not working (and currently 89 degrees in the house)
    Call one of those dime a dozen guys ,they'll rush right over .
    Last edited by the dangling wrangler; 06-08-2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: couldn't resist

I sure hope she never gets ants in her car/truck engine....watch out Ford Motor Company!!
    I need a new signature.....

Can't believe I've wasted the better part of the day talking about ants. I need to get a life . I'd love to see what Tranes reply to this is . Marge, promise us you'll post whatever they give you for a reply . Be it good or bad. You might go over your warranty papers with a fine tooth comb first.

Anyway, I paid for the part, refused to pay for the trip charge

It will take 2 days for a tech to get here because of the "high volume" of calls.

thanks for your input

don't be suprised if they get tied up on emergency calls ( paying customers) and can't get to you for a LONG time.

tech has no control over bugs in your unit.

in our area it is usually little spiders instead of ants that cause the same problems. all we can do is reccomend customer treats the area around the unit, no warranty if it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    I sure hope she never gets ants in her car/truck engine....watch out Ford Motor Company!!
    aint gonna happen....

she got them there bulletproof tires that never go flat, EVER.....

I'm sure she got ballistic glass and radiator cover.....

And probably paid for the airtight feature on the car. Where there isn't a nook or cranny these buggers can get into.....It even comes with a decontamination chamber to set-up outside the vehicle before entry.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Will do. The first order of business is to get someone that I trust out here to diagnose the current problem. There is a commercial HVAC guy in my church that I was recommended to ask; he is at the beach for a few days, but, when he gets back, he will be my first call. (meanwhile it is 89 degrees in here)

Next, I will be reviewing my warranty papers. Once I get a proper diagnosis, I will contact Trane and maybe even my homeowners insurance (if the unit needs to be replaced) to see about getting some kind of discount/warranty rebate...something!!!

Also watch out for some kind of website warning to homeowners talking about this issue. My son is a graphic designer so I will see about getting something made up regarding this.

Our discussions will not be in vain, everyone! I am listening and, I hope that you are, too. In fact, I may even start a small business creating "Informational Brocheres" for contractors to buy at a nominal cost to give to their clients when they install/service an A/C unit. Like Kevin said, this prevents a LOT of misunderstanding.

At any rate, I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for a very informative day.

I have a Honda. They stand behind their vehicles.

Will do. The first order of business is to get someone that I trust out here to diagnose the current problem. There is a commercial HVAC guy in my church that I was recommended to ask; he is at the beach for a few days, but, when he gets back, he will be my first call. (meanwhile it is 89 degrees in here)

Next, I will be reviewing my warranty papers. Once I get a proper diagnosis, I will contact Trane and maybe even my homeowners insurance (if the unit needs to be replaced) to see about getting some kind of discount/warranty rebate...something!!!

Also watch out for some kind of website warning to homeowners talking about this issue. My son is a graphic designer so I will see about getting something made up regarding this.

Our discussions will not be in vain, everyone! I am listening and, I hope that you are, too. In fact, I may even start a small business creating "Informational Brocheres" for contractors to buy at a nominal cost to give to their clients when they install/service an A/C unit. Like Kevin said, this prevents a LOT of misunderstanding.

At any rate, I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for a very informative day.
    Good luck with the brocures idea. I don't see it taking off like you hope but ya never know.

Secondly, there are thousands of website that refer to ants in contactors......do a google search.

You have just been nieve during to duration of the past year and now want to point the finger.

In the contactor is bad, replace it. Homeowners insurance won't replace your system. In fact, they may see you as a potential liability and drop you. I've seen it before. And your warranty doesn't cover MAINTIANENCE issues. If you would like, email me. I have the number for Trane and a gentlemans name that you can speak with. He's the one I call with all my questions.

I have a Honda. They stand behind their vehicles.

my wife has a honda van that is the biggest POS i have ever driven.

won't get better than 16-18 mpg
    brakes shimmy and shake as soon as they warm up
    has run flat tires that are shot a 30,000 miles and cost over 1,000 for the set and nothing else will fit the rims.

never had any problems with ants in it though...........

It's not often that this many contractors/service techs agree on anything here. This time it's different ,I think we all agree that ants,bugs,vermin,ect,ect, wouldn't be covered under any type of warranty .Period.Or,that we should be responsible for them. I, for the life of me ,can't understand how the installing company can be either . I'm open to any thoughts . So, if anybody can dumb it down to me, have at it . I'm just not getting where Marge is coming from .Try to keep it professional guys. Something just isn't clicking for me .

You have an ant problem not an AC problem, Its not Trane's fault, its not the installing or servicing contractor's fault, this should not be covered under any warranty or insurance, stop blaming Trane and your contractor and take care of your ant problem, perhaps get a contract with a pest control company.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast