Thread: blowing cool air but no power

Post Likes

blowing cool air but no power

I have a rheem unit 3ton with heatpump.
    My unit sounds like it is running normally and air feels cold coming out of the vents. The only problem is, it is not blowing very hard.
    When it usually sucks air out of the house it is loud and it blows cold air out of the vents pretty hard, but like I said not much flow. I change the filter every 6 to 8 weeks. Probably need to call in the Pro's. What could be the problem here or is there not enough info to troubleshoot.

Ron

Post Likes
    Sorry not allowed to give advise that could be used for DIY, site rules.

Plus, there are several possibilities. A service contractor would be your best bet for a acturate diagnostic and repair.

Post Likes

thanks

Trust me, I'm not planning to do any type of work to my HVAC
    I always like to hear the possibilities form other pros so I can talk to the service contractor.
    thanks anywayz..

Ron

Post Likes
    Your welcome.
    For the most part all like to have an idea of what may be wrong before we talk to a service guy for what ever needs repaired.

But, when you do service. Once you hear what the symtoms are, you generally have your own test procedures you do. (atleast anyone doing service for any length of time does)
    And checking things out of order only slows you down, and sometimes cost the customer more money.
    Your problem could be an economical repair, or a slighly set you back in your chair repair.

Post Likes
    Your welcome.
    For the most part all like to have an idea of what may be wrong before we talk to a service guy for what ever needs repaired.

But, when you do service. Once you hear what the symtoms are, you generally have your own test procedures you do. (atleast anyone doing service for any length of time does)
    And checking things out of order only slows you down, and sometimes cost the customer more money.
    Your problem could be an economical repair, or a slighly set you back in your chair repair.

Post Likes

thnks

Thanks,will do.
    Kinda wanted to find out if I need to turn it off completely or can I let it run.
    Since it it sunday and my wife is recooping from open heart surgery she doesn't need to be in the heat.
    Going to be in the 90's today again

Post Likes
    sounds like a dirty filter or frozen to me i would turn to off and call for service right away

Post Likes
    Don't take the chance with your wifes health, it may cost more to get someone out oh a Sunday, but it may be worth it to her.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in