Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    THANK you soooo much. You are all really helpful and nice. I'll have to pop in and talk duct issues more often.

Thansk again! Stay dry here in WI. (Still raining here in Stoughton!)

Quote Originally Posted by bec1972 View Post
    Ok, turned off the air. There was air coming out of the vents. It seemed to be working fine..... so that would rule out a frozen coil? If so, then what do you think it is?
    I would be willing to bet you have a water problem

either backed up drain line or possibly your ducts are sweating due to dewpoint.

According to your first post, I would assume the system ran all day. And if it has run all day and you feel air in the middle of the night, It would be safe to assume your coil isn't COMPLETLY frozen.

None the less, use the system as little as possible and have a tech. look at it as soon as possible. Call tomorrow and get good service. Call Monday, who knows when they will be there. Its the hot time of year. And sad to say, some contractors will tell you to run the system and they will be there within a few days.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Ok, we'll do. I will call someone out. $$$$$

Oh well....

Thanks

sometimes you gotta spend money to save money.

Just be curtious to the tech. He's probably gonna be miserable as it is if the weather is half as bad in your area as it is here.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Yup, the weather's bad. VERY humid, tornado's , you know the usual WI weather. I really appreciate everyone's help. Have a great rest of your weekend!!

I'm 40 miles east of stoughton... and the weather in south east wisconsin was about the worst in the entire country from what I've seen on the weather reports. Its raining here too Bec

Actually I don't know the usual WI weather.

I am in NC, nowhere near WI

I know, yuck! We had that huge tornado a few years ago, so just a little gun shy. It just keeps raining and raining!! ........ Let's hope we dry out soon, but the next week forcast looks like that won't be happening!

Yeah I remember the Stoughton toranado well... One of your resident's electric bills was carried on the wind to Michigan. Anyway... give the A/C a rest tonight and get it serviced soon. Good night

It would be nice if it rained and cooled us off a bit here. Send some rain and nice weather my way.

Sending rain your way... Night

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12