Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Water's leaking-help!

Hello,

Does anyone know what this could be.... to start off with I'm in WI and it is SUPER humid outside today with lots of rain.....

So, we noticed that the duct above the furnace is leaking water, and it's coming out pretty good. The air is on. It is leaking on the furnace.

1) What could this be

2) Is there any danger such as carbon monoxide or fire.....

Thank you for any help which is appreciated.

Becky

too many possibilities.

call a contractor for immediate service.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

You're right... we had some mega rain and humidity today... Your water leak could be a plugged condensate line coming from the coil above your furnace, a frozen coil due to the outdoor condensing unit running too long while wet (or the system being low on refrigerant)... or a leak in your roof. Best to call a professional

Quote Originally Posted by bec1972 View Post
    Hello,
    So, we noticed that the duct above the furnace is leaking water.

Duct "above" the furnace?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Duct "above" the furnace?
    yeah above......

its upside down day, isn't it?

Ok, now I'm confused. Time to go to bed. Gotta get up early and drive 2 hours to run a service call. See yall tomorrow.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by air-doctor View Post
    a frozen coil due to the outdoor condensing unit running too long while wet.
    Thats what I was thinking also.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Thats what I was thinking also.
    thats the new systems.

Transfers air AND water....

All in the refrigerant lines

Thanks for the replys. Ok, so is it going to be dangerous with like a Co2 problem or a fire that type of thing? Should we turn the air off tonight? That would suck because it's sooooooo humid out tonight!

No CO threat... turn the heat/cool switch to the off position and the fan switch to On instead of Auto

Ok, thank you.. You guys are much faster to answer question on these posts than women! And yes, it was the duct above the furnace.

As long as I know I can go to bed and wake up int he morning I'm ok with a leak. Again, thank you all very much.

Quote Originally Posted by bec1972 View Post
    Thanks for the replys. Ok, so is it going to be dangerous with like a Co2 problem or a fire that type of thing? Should we turn the air off tonight? That would suck because it's sooooooo humid out tonight!
    Yes turn the air off. Turn fan to on if you choose but it will only re-circulate nasty air.

Do you even feel air coming from your vents?????

If so, that will partially rule out a frozen coil. Maybe someone shoulda asked that before.

Ok, turned off the air. There was air coming out of the vents. It seemed to be working fine..... so that would rule out a frozen coil? If so, then what do you think it is?

No... it wouldn't rule out a frozen coil... Just leave the cooling in the Off position and the fan in On position so you have some air movement... and this will also thaw out the coil if it is frozen. Call your service company tomorrow (or monday if you wanna save overtime charges)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast