Thread: Warm in Hawaii!! Help with a muy-a17na

Post Likes

Warm in Hawaii!! Help with a muy-a17na

Aloha,

I have a muy-a17na. The issue I have is that it seems that in the morning, the unit starts to put out warm air with the operation light flashing in .5 second intervals. It says in the manual that this could be, "The serial signal from the outdoor unit is not
    received for a maximum of 6 minutes." and "how to check mis-wiring and serial signal error". So I turn the unit off, let it shut down. Turn it back on and it seems to work just fine for the rest of the day, although today it did the same flashing 2x. It's working fine now.

My question is, is the unit getting too cold and blows warm air for defrosting? Or something else?

Thanks for the help.

Post Likes
    get me a ticket over there and I'll fix it all up for ya!

seriously though, it sounds like the communicating wiring is not secure, and overnight a loss of signal is happening. you'll need a contractor to trace the problem and get it solved.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...

Find a HVAC-Talk Contractor by clicking here

Click below to BECOME a pro member
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispl...ip-Information

Do you go to a boat repairman with a sinking boat, and tell him to put in a bigger motor when he tells you to fix the holes?

I am yourmrfixit

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in