2 stage amana asx-cond. hallmark oil furnace.

I Have To Connect A New Two Stage Amana Condensing Unit To A Hallmark Lbd115 Oil Furnace. The Furnace And Thermostat Is Set For A 1 Stage Cooling. Can I Connect Just 1 Stage On This Condensing Unit. If So Y1 Or Y2. Also Is The Heat Rh And Rc Run Without A Jumper. The Hallmark Uses The Zettler 90113sp Fancenter And A Honetwell Primary Burner Control Where The R And W Are Run To T T .

The smartest thing you can do is to install a new 2 stage thermostat... Yes you can run the condensing unit on either stage 1 or stage 2, but the whole point in having a 2 stage a/c is to save electricity in moderate temperatures and have much better humidity control. If you run the condensing unit in stage 1 all the time you will probably not have enough cooling when the outside temperature is high. On the other hand if you run the condensing unit in stage 2 all the time you will be wasting electricity on occaisions when 1st stage cooling is sufficient. Besides this you will not get the best humidity control without utilizing both stages, especially if operated only in stage 2. As far as your question about the RH and RC Jumper... if the system has a transformer on the Oil Furnace primary control then you must not use a jumper between RH and RC.

That would completely defeat the purpose of a 2 stage A/C.

You should read the site rules. No DIY.

If your in the trade, you should get training on 2 stage equipment before installing.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Yeah I kinda wondered if it was a Do-It-Yourselfer too... but I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he was a greenhorn tech/installer with no experience with oil furnaces or 2 stage cooling equipment. If he is a DIY his next questions will be asking how the system will work without a jumper on RH RC. In which case my answer is... Call a professional

I can understand not being familar with how to wire to an oil furnace maybe.
    But to suggest just hooking one stage, thats bad.

Could be a newb, doing this one the side.
    Contractor locator map

I can't even count the times I've seen 2 stage systems set up to only run on 2nd stage... even 2 stage furnaces. There are newbies... experts... and people that only care about getting the check when the job is "complete"

Seen many 2 stage furnaces set up to either be single stage or use the timer.
    Installed a couple using the timer because the customer didn't want to pay for the extra to run addition wires.(finnished basements)

But anybody selling a 2 stage A/C, and installing to run on one stage only, well.
    Contractor locator map

OK... so maybe we can hook RH to stage 1 cool and RC to stage 2 cool... LMAO

LOL.
    Contractor locator map

I'd would not sell a two stage AC with out a variable speed blower and a TXV. If the air is set right for high capacity then low capacity will be over aired. You would loose you humidity control.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.