Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by thorton View Post
    I agree, hvaclover, I have a Carrier Thermidistat with seperate dehumidification and humidification set points with VS and I get terrific dehumidification. Last night it was 81 degrees F at 10PM inside my home and I fired up my heat pump in cooling mode and within 45 mins the RH dropped from 56% to 43% and sensible temp went from 81 to 73 in 4 hours. I have a selection called "super dehumidification" which slows the blower down further. I noticed last night the blower ran quite slow untill the RH was under control and then blower speed increased to tackle the sensible load.

thorton

A satisfied customer.

I must admit that a lot of IAQ Honeywells go in with new VS equipment but the customers are not correctly instructed on all the dehumidification features. I get calls all the time from other contractors customers asking for help to set up the dehumidifier features.

I cannot and should not help them because I don't sell Honywell, strictly White Rodgers. The installing contracto should be the one talking them thru the setuup menu and clearifying it for them. If push comes to shove I refer to a contractor friend.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    i don't get it. Ever since VS became such a high demand item I have never heard so many complaints about high humidity.

Some body ain't doing their job.
    Its not the advent of VS blowers per say.

The same percentage of contractors that were installing systems that caused high humidity before. Are still doing it now.
    Its just those contractors heard that VS blowers help lower humidity. But never bothered to learn how they do it, or how to control them.

Same problem, different air handler.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Its not the advent of VS blowers per say.

The same percentage of contractors that were installing systems that caused high humidity before. Are still doing it now.
    Its just those contractors heard that VS blowers help lower humidity. But never bothered to learn how they do it, or how to control them.

Same problem, different air handler.
    That's the big sin I'm talkin' about. The units have soft ware to adress this prob or the thermostat wasn't explained/demonstrated to the customer .

Somebody ain't doing their job.

The same people that weren't doing there job 20 years ago. Its nothing new.
    Just with teh internet, and forums, you hear about it more, because you can hear how systems are working across the planet, instead of just your area.
    Contractor locator map

Something else I noticed which I think is adding to the humidity problem is the VS blower will remain on for two minutes on low speed after the outside unit kicks off and blow air which seems a little more humid

Something else I noticed which I think is adding to the humidity problem is the VS blower will remain on for two minutes on low speed after the outside unit kicks off and blow air which seems a little more humid. Is this normal for VS blower to do on cool cycle? I can see maybe on heat mode

Yes, that will add hunidity back to the house.
    They may have an extended run time programed into your stat.

Some blowers a 30,60,or 90 second delay off built into them.
    Contractor locator map

I just went outside and noticed a pretty nice puddle of water under the unit dripping off of the lines. The pipes are wrapped from the house to the outside of the unit but there is about 3 feet of line on the inside of the unit that is not insulated and sweating just past the valve? where you charge the system.

Thats normal.
    Contractor locator map

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123