Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

new a/c not dehumidifying

I just had a American Standard heat pump/ a/c installed thats blowing cool but humid air and cannot get humidity under 55 % in the house so its cold and clammy inside and even have some condensation on windows. Did installer undersize the unit?

Call'm back. Make sure they have set the unit up properly...it can be adjusted to remove more humidity.

Do they do that by lowering blower speed?

If your fan is on "ON" try setting it on "Auto". I reduced my home's humidity today from 54% to 42% just by making that change.
    White Bear Township, Minnesota
    www.summitheating.com

Thermostat fan setting is on auto all the time. Not much water coming out of the condesate drain

I would guess fan speed isnt right

Blower speed is very high, air has never come out of my vents so high, would lowering blower speed help remove more moisture?

Quote Originally Posted by upmike View Post
    Blower speed is very high, air has never come out of my vents so high, would lowering blower speed help remove more moisture?
    Yes, but any air speed changes should be handled by a pro.

we had the same problem whit our new Trane. The air coming out of the vent sounded like a storm outside so hard. The house cooled faster but not time to reduce humidity. Tech came and reduced speed to Medium. It is a variable speed air handler. It solved the problem. Or thermostat tries to reduce humidity by lowering temp by up to 3 degree below setting. This can make it cold sometime.

lowering the speed will slow air movement across the coil allowing for better
    dehumidification...

call them back.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Call them back, and have them check system operation, not just slow the blower.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Call them back, and have them check system operation, not just slow the blower.
    beenthere is exactly right.

Don't have them just lower blower speed. Have them do a complete system check. The problem is more than likely the blower is set too high but there are other things that could cause high humidity.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

The owner just left and checked temps from return and supply and drop was only 17 deg. and also agreed it was humid. He's coming back this week to try and get temperature difference higher and lower blower speed and hopefully that helps. I'm really missing my 12 year old Rheem that kept the inside a nice comfy 35%-40% humidity plus you could set temp. higher with lower humidity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast