+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small sub please...

Post Likes

Small sub please...

Well I went to a sub shop near a job I was doing, I got a medium Italian with out hots. Sometimes I’ll get the Hots …for the sub that is… Well I am sitting there enjoying my Italian sub without hots and I hear another customer order a small sub…now this sub shop, like some others around these parts has medium and large subs. So the sub shop guy (SSG) tells the customer they only have medium or large subs. The customer says he wants a small…SSG says we only have medium or large…customer says I want a small…SSG says medium is as small as you can get…customer says you are not a huge corporation so you should be able to change what you do and make me a small sub…SSG who is now P.O.ed says this is how we do it here and that’s it, take a medium and just don’t eat it all. Customer says no, you take a medium, cut it down two inches and put less in it and sell me a small sub…SSG “no” The customer at this point looks like he is going to explode…he turns around and storms out. Now I get a good look at him and I’m thinking…he looks like one of the doctors at the medical building I’m working at…now that even makes it funnier.

So I go back to the building and finish up. Then I was going home to go to my youngest son’s High school graduation ceremony. I am just about to leave the house and my cell phone rings, it’s the people from the building I just left. Hey you have to get back here Dr. so and so’ office will not get below seventy-two, he is throwing a fit and says he wont pay his rent unless his A/C is fixed immediately . I ask what does he look like…oh boy…that’s him…I tell them what happened at the sub shop and that I’m going to my sons graduation …oh…never mind…can you be here first thing tomorrow morning…sure. OK have fun at the graduation I’ll deal with him. It system must have fixed it’s self because it ran fine for me…maybe I should have turned it off…

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    wow... that's too funny. What comes around goes around, I guess. I never understood how people like that ever make it through life.

Post Likes
    Sounds like one of my customers, had one call said the office wouldn't get below 73, and I said so? Well they batched so I went there,a 120 mile drive, when I got there the stat was set at 73. I asked them what their problem was and they said it won't go below 73, I said you need to set it lower, and bumped it down to 70, and said effin morons as I walked out

How can these people survive?

Post Likes
    We have a customer.... we have named her "The Mad Hatter". She calls us constantly about her ice machine. She runs a martini bar here in town. In her eyes, her ice has to be PERFECT in shape, all the time. "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!! I AM RUNNING A F*ING MARTINI BAR HERE!! IT HAS TO BE PERFECT!!!" She will call any time of the day or night, whenever she thinks it's not right. If you call her back after hours from your personal phone, and forget to *67, she will call you back every 5 minutes until you show up. No joke. The funny part is, she is obsessed with the SHAPE of her ice. She doesn't care about all the chunks of black crap in it because she refuses to have her machine cleaned... just the shape.

Post Likes
    That's an easy fix, just sell her a shaver

Post Likes
    What a goof................the doctor I mean.

Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    We got a surgeon who is never satisfied with the O.R. temp. He's actually had them call down and ask for the temp to be changed 1/2°
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Post Likes
    hots taste so good going in but they burn like hell on the way out

Post Likes
    Why wouldn't the SSG just call his subs small & large?

Maybe the doc comes in everyday and goes through just to go through this.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    Dr. so and so’ office will not get below seventy-two, he is throwing a fit and says he wont pay his rent unless his A/C is fixed immediately .

I would have nicely told him to pound sand. Complaining about 72º ???? That's just crazy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gruntly View Post
    Why wouldn't the SSG just call his subs small & large?

Maybe the doc comes in everyday and goes through just to go through this.

I learned the answer to that by asking a SSG one day...he said because we do. I think it was a way of making them stand out...like you got more if you went there... It's kind of funny because if you ask for a small they make the medium and that's that.

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Well I went to a sub shop near a job I was doing, I got a medium Italian with out hots. Sometimes I’ll get the Hots …for the sub that is… Well I am sitting there enjoying my Italian sub without hots and I hear another customer order a small sub…now this sub shop, like some others around these parts has medium and large subs. So the sub shop guy (SSG) tells the customer they only have medium or large subs. The customer says he wants a small…SSG says we only have medium or large…customer says I want a small…SSG says medium is as small as you can get…customer says you are not a huge corporation so you should be able to change what you do and make me a small sub…SSG who is now P.O.ed says this is how we do it here and that’s it, take a medium and just don’t eat it all. Customer says no, you take a medium, cut it down two inches and put less in it and sell me a small sub…SSG “no” The customer at this point looks like he is going to explode…he turns around and storms out. Now I get a good look at him and I’m thinking…he looks like one of the doctors at the medical building I’m working at…now that even makes it funnier.

He should have said, Sure. No problem." Make the medium, cut off the 2 inches, charge for the medium sub, and add additional charge for the cut. That's what docs do.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes

So I go back to the building and finish up. Then I was going home to go to my youngest son’s High school graduation ceremony. I am just about to leave the house and my cell phone rings, it’s the people from the building I just left. Hey you have to get back here Dr. so and so’ office will not get below seventy-two, he is throwing a fit and says he wont pay his rent unless his A/C is fixed immediately . I ask what does he look like…oh boy…that’s him…I tell them what happened at the sub shop and that I’m going to my sons graduation …oh…never mind…can you be here first thing tomorrow morning…sure. OK have fun at the graduation I’ll deal with him. It system must have fixed it’s self because it ran fine for me…maybe I should have turned it off…

I would have told the doctor: "Have you tried that sub shop? They make excellent Italian subs. They made me a small sub because a medium was too big."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    I would have told the doctor: "Have you tried that sub shop? They make excellent Italian subs. They made me a small sub because a medium was too big."

Oh...that's just great ... now I'm going to get in trouble......the look on his face would be worth it...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    He should have said, Sure. No problem." Make the medium, cut off the 2 inches, charge for the medium sub, and add additional charge for the cut. That's what docs do.

That's what the guys at the building were thinking to...

They were very happy that he got slapped down by the pizza guy...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    That would have been hysterical...
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in