Trying to choose

I live in central NJ and I am in the process of replacing my cental system witch after 20 years decided it was time to go. I have decided to replace with Lennox. I have a average size ranch house with baseboard hot water heat. All three of the contractors that have come out for estimates say 2 tons is good.
    My air handler of choice is the CBX32, but I am not sure witch condeser unit to go with XC14 or XC15. There is a significant price difference between the two and I wonder if I will ever see the payback with the higher SEER ratingof the XC15.

Any thoughts from the gallery?

The gallery's first thoughts are simple.......

You get a Lennox, We'll get a good laugh.

Get the most efficient system you can afford. Make sure it has the newer R-410A refrigerant in it.

Next and most important is installation. If it aint installed right, your up **** creek without a paddle. Installation is key, system brand does not matter if its not installed right.

The worst system is more efficient installed properly than the cadillac thats installed improperly.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Hmm L O N G Payback obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Railbirrd View Post
    I live in central NJ and I am in the process of replacing my cental system witch after 20 years decided it was time to go. I have decided to replace with Lennox.

... average size ranch house with baseboard hot water heat.

All three of the contractors that have come out for estimates say
    2 tons is good.

My air handler of choice is the CBX32, but I am not sure witch condenser unit to go with XC14 or XC15.

There is a significant price difference between the two and I wonder if I will ever see the payback with the higher SEER rating of the XC15.
    You might save upto ~ $30 per year with a 1 SEER increase.
    So the payback would likely be more than the equipment life.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

i install lennox and i prefer the xc15 its a little more quiet than the xc14, which is an issue if the condenser is located near a deck or bedroom window. make sure its r410a and go with the company that you feel most confident in. try to pick the guy who will do the job right. in the end its all in the install being done properly.

hey...don't laugh at lennox

Quote Originally Posted by badboyheel View Post
    i install lennox and i prefer the xc15 its a little more quiet than the xc14, which is an issue if the condenser is located near a deck or bedroom window. make sure its r410a and go with the company that you feel most confident in. try to pick the guy who will do the job right. in the end its all in the install being done properly.

hey...don't laugh at lennox
    Lennox aint just a laugh......

ITS A BIG JOKE
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

What are the last 2 digits after the CBX32? The CBX32M isn't variable speed; the CBX32MV is. I'd get the variable-speed blower for efficiency and comfort. Go with the contractor who will size your equipment properly, check the ducts, etc...

And 2 tons just happens to be what you already have.

Hows your heating bill.
    What size, is an average size ranch house? 1000, 1200, 1500, 1800, or 2000 sq ft?
    Is your air handler in the attic or basement.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?