Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oil pressure problems

Post Likes

oil pressure problems

I am working on a Carrier screw chiller that keeps triping on low oil pressure. I have already changed internal and external oil filters and their has not been any leaks on chiller since startup but it does not do it all the time

Model #
    30HXA126RZ-600BA
    Serial #
    1398F33837

Here are the last reading I took
    Percent 100%
    Discharge 178
    Suction 29
    Oil Pressure Differental 118.1
    Oil Pressure 174
    Discharge Gas Temp 156 F
    Motor Temp 186 F
    SAT Condensing temp 123 F
    SAT Suction Temp 32.7 F
    EXV 35%
    Cooler Level 2.1
    Econ. Pressure 52.8
    EWT 52 F
    LWT 47 F

ANY IDEAS???????????

Post Likes
    Which circuit is this on and what is the alarm number/code? And do you have a short chilled water loop?

Post Likes
    I have one doing this but have not had the opportunity to change filters. I am interested in what you find.
    What we have here, is a failure to communicate........

Post Likes
    How long does your external oil pump stay on after the compressor starts? It might not stay on long enough to get the needed evaporator lift for system oil flow.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Post Likes
    this chiller is setup on a proccess loop that is running 5 extruders. It is about a 400 foot loop the code is 40 Compressor A1 Low oil Pressure.

Post Likes
    It runs about 30 seconds after compressor is started but would that generate a pre start oil pressure problem

Post Likes
    That's not what I was getting at. It is possible that the problem occurs during the first start up of the day when the ECW and LCW is below normal, not supplying enough lift to push the oil. This only happens for a brief period of time, till the circuit starts to stabilize. Try increasing from 30 seconds to, say 40, for starters and see how it goes from there.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Post Likes
    You have a 15F evap approach which is way to high at 100% load, along with a 5 split. Do you have fouled evap tubes? EXV is on the low % end for being open at full load. Are you running glycol or water thru the evap?
    To much work with too little time!!!!

Post Likes
    we had a eddy current test run two months ago came back good and they are using water

Post Likes
    I will try to increase that monday and see from their

THANKS FOR THE HELP

Post Likes
    I don`t think you can change the pump time if the pressure is too low it know`s what to do i.e. truogh the psio logic. Do you have motormasters on the condenser fans? Pressure switches ok?

Post Likes
    Also that looks to be a series 0 does it have a history of oil alarms and what version of software do you have?

Post Likes
    series 0 with pic controls. Hum? May need to check/calibrate all of the pressure transducers.

Post Likes
    Calibrating transducers man can that go wrong. Takes a liitle practice to get it down.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    Calibrating transducers man can that go wrong. Takes a liitle practice to get it down.
    The O & M is must for stuff like this.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Post Likes
    No not really. Unplug wiring from all transducers. Remove all Transducers. Plug wiring back in to all tranducers. Go to calibration menu and calibrate all transducers at one time. All should read 0 psi. Reconnect all transducers and you are done.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by licensed to chill View Post
    No not really. Unplug wiring from all transducers. Remove all Transducers. Plug wiring back in to all tranducers. Go to calibration menu and calibrate all transducers at one time. All should read 0 psi. Reconnect all transducers and you are done.
    Just saying that first time is a doozy when you don`t have a manual...a good tech is all about fixing your own screw-up when the need arises, those controls are also tempermental ???On these machines anything can happen especially a series 0.

Post Likes
    I agree, a manual is a necessity when working on these machines. A system pilot is also helpful when plugged into the machine so you don't have to squat down to operate the handicap acessible lid keypad and you can view multiply items at one time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by licensed to chill View Post
    Exactly what is explained in the manual. Some guys have great memories, I'm not on of them. Have your references in order, before you start the job.
    Just my two cents.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Post Likes

Tubes Fouled

First off I would double check all temps with a temperature probe. If you still come up with 15 deg approach then brush the tubes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in