Confused Water In Drip Tray...

Ok, so I totally have no idea about these kind of issues..but here goes the details of something I think could be wrong...

I came home today to hear a dripping noise.. I opened the attic door and it became even louder. I noticed the drip pan was full of water.. My first thought was to go outside and check the pipe by the ac unit. There are 2 different ones, I suspect one is for overflow... The one nearest the unit and coming from near the roof is pouring, the one furthest away and closest to the ground is bone dry... The unit was running during this time..
    I have asked my husband several times about this, he doesn't seem to think we have a problem (btw..husband is in the dog house)..but something tells me this isn't good.. Our house was built in 2006 so everything is still fairly new.. PLEASE HELP!!
    I think it is still under warranty..so just wondering if I should call...but want to make sure I don't look stupid..so thought I would get some advice from everyone!
    Thanks in advance

Sounds like...

you have water coming from the emergency (auxiliary) condensate drain and not the main. Call a service co. and have them take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    you have water coming from the emergency (auxiliary) condensate drain and not the main. Call a service co. and have them take care of it.
    Thanks for your help!!
    Typically is this an easy fix?
    Something even more weird is I walked to my neighbor's house, and they have water coming from the same drain...

ASAP
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

What it means is that your primary drain has failed. The emergency pan has taken over the task of removing the condensation. The next stop is your ceiling.

The drain outlet from the emergency pan is usually high up and/or near an entrance or window to get your attention.

Now that it has your attention, call for service before your ceiling needs to be replaced.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Thanks so very much for all your help everyone! I have called for service and already spoke to a tech who is scheduled to be out soon! Have a great weekend, sounds like I will be waiting for my AC man!! =)

yup...good deal. Another happy customer.

And now, for the unhappy customer who will be back trying to figure out why drains aren't covered under the warranty.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    yup...good deal. Another happy customer.

And now, for the unhappy customer who will be back trying to figure out why drains aren't covered under the warranty.
    Uh...I am not ignorant.. I spoke with my tech when I called, and it is going to be less than a Benjamin..not bad at all..cheaper than replacing my ceiling! So I am still a very happy that most everyone was able to give me great advice! Thanks for your 2 cents!
    Last edited by Kbrian; 06-07-2008 at 09:37 AM.

HEHEHEHH She Got You!!!!
    The Impossible is possible around here.... It just cost a little more.

Sounds like a good price for a weekend call.... but I don't think its supposed to be in the post...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    HEHEHEHH She Got You!!!!
    Sure did.

And she got a great price, especially for a weekend. Good thing she didn't call me.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

HEHEE What would the trip charge be from North Carolina to texas??? Just glad she got it fixed and nobody got over on her. Tends to happen more and more now days. Enjoy whats left of the weekend!!!!

The Impossible is possible around here.... It just cost a little more.