Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It hit the 90's Friday and for the next week. Had 36 calls in by 9AM and kept coming all day. Worked till 7 last night and 10 hours today with 5 other guys.
    It is a real shock when it goes from the 50's-60's to 90's in 2 days.

its been hovering between 95 and 100 all this week, 4 of us service techs been handling 10 calls per day, to include the service mgr catching some also. On call guy this weekend was swamped. Mine is next weekend and it don't look any better.
    Gotta love this job!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Don't worry. Come monday, there will be plenty of calls for you.
    From Mon. to Mon.

If nothing else I am playing with some systems at their limits with this heat wave crap.....96* today....suppose to be 92*.......that's like a week straight now. I have two places in particular that are at their absolute limit and when it's 92 the inside raises 1 degree for every degree increase outside if they want it at 70*.

I have 1 Question. I know mass has a big effect. How big? These folks have about 2/3 of their home packed with mass (when I say mass I'm thinking dense woods, bedding material, carpets, huge couches, large flate screen TV.) With that question I'm leaning towards asking how long does it take to heat up? I've tried thinking in terms of specifics heats and what not but I don't have the exp. to just call it like it is.

Nice places. 3rd floors, direct sunlight all day, 1400 sqft., 84' construction, 1 1/2 ton units.

Mass does and doesn't count.
    A heavy wood coffee table doesn't generate heat. A flat screen(any) TV does as long as its plugged in.

Once the coffee table is at temp, when the A/C shuts off, it absorbs heat slower then the air surrounding it. Wood is an insulator. It also cools down slower then the air around it while the A/C is runnig.
    The TV, once turned on adds more heat yet.

You could figure out the rate of gain or loss for the coffee table, to find out how long it will take to remove or add the heat it absorbed or loss during a set back. But it doesn't add load to a room that the temp is maintained at one set point.

Its the electronics that we have today that really throws off an A/C.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12