Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If this garage is going to be used for multi-pupose, is it also going to be partitioned off at all like you work area will be say 300 or 400 sq ft. and then maybe another room that is 300 sq ft. ? If that is part of the plan then I would say insulate it the best you can and get a hot dawg shop heater for $500 and turn the heat on when you need it and turn the stat down when your done for the night. And on those really hot days put a window shaker in to cool your shop area off when it is needed would be the most economical for you since it seems money is tight at the moment....

Get rid of your pricing BS.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks for the responses...

i need to decide this week.

any more opinions this monday morning?

Make friends with an HVAC contractor or technician and install a Frankenstien system. Built my garage 11 years ago. Told my wife I would not be heating it with a torpedo heater and cooling it with fans. Installed electric horizontal Rheem in attic. Unit was pulled during a remodel for a customer. Unit is a 1978 model. Picked up a Goodman condensing unit from a customer who was mad the system wouldn't work. Condensing unit was in its second summer of operation. It was connected to an 18 year old coil on a 20 plus year old furnace. I told the cutomer the condensing unit was fine, it was everything else that needed upgraded. he said pull it so I did. Connected a RHEEM cased coil to the electric furnace. Ran flex duct to 2x2 dropins in my dropped ceiling. Now when I work in my garage, I'm cold in the summer and hot in the winter. Of course I had acess to everything. My cost was a new cased coil. Everything else was left over/removed from previous jobs. I also have a KoldDraft 300 lb a day ice machine in my garage as well as a Vulcan pizza oven.. When you work in this trade long enough, you can accumulate a lot of nice toys.

I think he's looking for something with a warranty. And not piece mealed together.

Somethiing that we may construct for ourselves out of a comgloration of mismatched parts, is not a good thing for a home owner to have done.
    Hard enough to find peolpe that can check a charge on a matched system, let alone a built up system.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12