Thread: pressure check

pressure check

i do home remodeling and have to check pressures on a typical ac unit tomorrow, (texas). it's a dumb question, BUT i do not want to lose refrigerant when i remove my gauges. the valves are not back seeted, so i just crack the low side valve after pressure check, and wait for high side to go to zero, then close low side and remove gauges, right? TY!

Get yourself a set of low-loss hoses. If you can't afford them right now, they sell adapters to convert your standard hoses into them. That will solve your problem.

If you got to ask this question. You don't know how to check an A/C. Call a contractor.
    You are suppose to have an EPA cert to connect and disconnect hoses on A/C, and HP systems.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

first thing you do is contact the texas dept. of licensing and regulation in austin for the next available exam date,(hope you have 5 years exp. in the field). take the exam and pass, your'e on your way to the correct way not to lose refrigerant during a manifold removal!
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by jamesk View Post
    i do home remodeling and have to check pressures on a typical ac unit tomorrow, (texas). it's a dumb question, BUT i do not want to lose refrigerant when i remove my gauges. the valves are not back seeted, so i just crack the low side valve after pressure check, and wait for high side to go to zero, then close low side and remove gauges, right? TY!
    Can someone please explain exactly what a typical AC unit is versus a non-typical AC unit???

remember these 4 easy steps when checking pressures.

1. get phone book
    2. get phone
    3. call someone who knows what they are doing
    4. don't forget the big tip
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    4. don't forget the big tip
    I like pizza

and a bottle of water

or cash

your choice

I need a new signature.....

Well.......It was 98* today. Heat index 106*......ROOF heat index 143*.

I think I'll take a really tall glass of water. and free food and a re-fill before I leave for the next one.

Get to next one and repeat process.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.