Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This is supposed to be a temporary repair . A flare will get them by .

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    This is supposed to be a temporary repair . A flare will get them by .
    I agree.

Problem is, the temp. repair stays in until it fails cause HO too cheap to fix it right.....

Then its our fault it failed again.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    I agree.

Problem is, the temp. repair stays in until it fails cause HO too cheap to fix it right.....

Then its our fault it failed again.
    What else would you expect ?

What else would you expect ?
    I don't expect anything. I just do my work and try to get home before the sun goes down
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Why ?
    Originally Posted by iraqveteran
    I agree.

Then its our fault it failed again

that's why. you know what happens, when it's 97 degrees and the H.O. is sweating his **s off, we get blamed, especially if another company gets the call... most guys around here will blame the previous company. now the H.O. will be paying THEM for a job I should've done anyway. It's a no-win for us. so,i change out the unit- it's done right, and while the H.O. may not be happy in the short-term, he wont be pissed when his repair fails. i would rather be the guy who is know as "not the cheapest,but he does good work" than the guy who "charged me $xxx.00 and it failed again 2mos. later,so I called someone else. that unit was bad and he knew it". It depends on the customer of course.

Quote Originally Posted by fmla View Post

All that should fly out the window . This is a repair for a family member. Should the unit be replaced ? Absolutely . Will it be ? Probably not this season .

Where are you located? I have several older condensers that still work fine. If you live close enough and can show some proof that you are certified you can have one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123