Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Argetni View Post

The guy told me he pays under two hundred for a 30lb tank at the local supply house. He more than triples his money on it, so why not waste it.
    I can think of one reason . It's ILLEGAL !!

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I can think of one reason . It's ILLEGAL !!
    Oh yes I agree, but that did not seem to phase him.

Oh yes I agree, but that did not seem to phase him.
    Does this guy even have a contractors license ? My take on this is you probably got hooked up with some speed tweekers . Late hours , garbage work , venting to the atmosphere , no vacuum pump, no torch , and I'm sure there's more .

Does this guy even have a contractors license ? My take on this is you probably got hooked up with some speed tweekers . Late hours , garbage work , venting to the atmosphere , no vacuum pump, no torch , and I'm sure there's more .
    LOL the one guy did smoke like 20 cigs in the time they were there...I am still picking up the butts from my lawn. They had a license # on their bill and their truck had the company name on it. I found them in the phonebook, full page $1500/month ad.

LOL the one guy did smoke like 20 cigs in the time they were there...I am still picking up the butts from my lawn. They had a license # on their bill and their truck had the company name on it. I found them in the phonebook, full page $1500/month ad.
    Don't know your location but , here in Houston a full page add is closer to 9500 a month . Is that license # a valid one ? Tell us you didn't pay him in cash .

Don't know your location but , here in Houston a full page add is closer to 9500 a month . Is that license # a valid one ? Tell us you didn't pay him in cash .
    Funny enough I did not pay him at all yet. I had some money in escrow and i am waiting for the lawyer to release it to pay him.

I just spoke with the Lawyer and they are sending out the check today. At least none of the money came out of my pocket. I thought it was pretty nice of the guy to do the (shotty)work and not get a dime on the spot.

Sounds like he's a sub contractor (not that there's anything wrong with that) So he probably got paid . What a can of worms this is . Good luck with this mess .

Sounds like he's a sub contractor (not that there's anything wrong with that) So he probably got paid . What a can of worms this is . Good luck with this mess .
    Thank you. This guy is actually the owner of the "company"

Lucky you .

i could quadruple the 22 and still not be able to afford dumpin it. i wouldn't be tellin the h.o. how much i mark it up neither. sounds off the chain to me.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    i could quadruple the 22 and still not be able to afford dumpin it. i wouldn't be tellin the h.o. how much i mark it up neither. sounds off the chain to me.
    looks like I'm not the only one who smells a bad fish.

My question is ...did you price hunt on who was the cheapest to come out and look at the system or did you actually try to find a company that was reputable. It may cost a bit more but you "should" get everything done by the book pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by spymoocow View Post
    My question is ...did you price hunt on who was the cheapest to come out and look at the system or did you actually try to find a company that was reputable. It may cost a bit more but you "should" get everything done by the book pretty much.
    We were burning up in the house, so I picked the ad from the phonebook that said 24/7 service, same price.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast